High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

I was hungry and ordered a Big Mac.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
11:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
001.JPG 002.JPG Finally showed up today! Model 1-80. Runs to...needs a kit, fuel lines, cleaning and tune up. Outta work real nice with the 36" hard nose bar I have sitting along with a .404 conversion. May throw a 52 roller nose on there if I can snag the bar soon. Has 170 psi and possibly a cart engine....any particular way to tell? Has the removable head. I'll keep following up as progress continues...may receive a repaint and restore.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 110981 View attachment 110982 Finally showed up today! Model 1-80. Runs to...needs a kit, fuel lines, cleaning and tune up. Outta work real nice with the 36" hard nose bar I have sitting along with a .404 conversion. May throw a 52 roller nose on there if I can snag the bar soon. Has 170 psi and possibly a cart engine....any particular way to tell? Has the removable head. I'll keep following up as progress continues...may receive a repaint and restore.

Uncle Lee
@leeha

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
1:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A removable head doesn't necessarily mean it's a kart motor. The kart motors have particular port timing numbers.
Out of curiosity, is it possible to match the port timing of a kart motor, in a non kart motor?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Out of curiosity, is it possible to match the port timing of a kart motor, in a non kart motor?

In some cases yes, but on some of the motors like the D-44 it's not going to be totally possible. This has to go with how low in the block the exhaust port is cast and the early kart motors have boost ports, which the saw motors do not have and there's not room in the block to make one unless a person welds up material. Upgrading the intakes really helps a lot on the saw motors.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was searching through some photos this week and was reminded where my beautiful 1-80 came from, thanks again to Ike Holt!

IMG_1916.JPG

I took it to the Mastermind GTG last October and made a few cuts, you can really hear the air vane governor working if you don't keep it loaded.

Mark

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like JJ mentioned the two boost ports were on the intake side of the engine . I've got a derelict super 44 that Dan Henry sent to me I have plans to try to put some soup to it .It's another one of my back burner projects .I just wish it were a super 44A .Then I'd try to turn it into an MC 10 .
The way I look at it is like this. If it's decent all intact machine machine leave it stock .If it's a salvageable junker lay the soup to it or use it for parts . It doesn't make much sense to take a 75 dollar saw,put 200 in it to have an 80 dollar saw .