High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

I guess they didn't have an 880 in stock.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
10:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I try to do it left handed, I look just like that dumbshit in the video. I always pull the rope with my right hand, and honestly it's the only way that feels safe for me when drop starting a saw.

That is exactly like i start them .safest way in my opinion ,maybe set the brake if worried about a spinning chain .

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If I try to do it left handed, I look just like that dumbshit in the video. I always pull the rope with my right hand, and honestly it's the only way that feels safe for me when drop starting a saw.

that's also how I start my saws, again set the brake in questionable situations.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
1:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah that's how I do it always felt strange on the ground and I'd love to know who has a foot that can fit in the handle....

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
10:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Companies who require ground starting must not allow their workers the added safety of wearing cork boots. Even if the boot fits it'll destroy the pad.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
11:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score

Brother Clinton,
That's exactly how I start my saws, but I just change the angle of the bar depending on which hand I use to start the sum beech.

I never even thought about it much until this thread. Being ambidextrous certainly has advantages when using a full wrap saw as well.
Yeah that's how I do it always felt strange on the ground and I'd love to know who has a foot that can fit in the handle....

@cjcocn certainly. That dude is from The Lollipop Guild.

@Mastermind could get his leg through the handle, but his feet prevent this from happening. Fooking killjoy!

You all are looking at it the wrong way.... Someone should invite him here to this forum so we can get a good deal on a slightly used 661!
Yeah, maybe once the CSI Unit gets done processing the scene………...

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I too haven't really given much consideration as to how I start my saws till reading the comments on this thread subsequent to the "comedic" video posted.

I occasionally use the saw on the ground method, but most times I place the rear handle between my legs, bracing the front handle with my right hand and pulling the rope with the left.

If "drop" starting, I hold the front handle with the right and pull the rope with the left. But I really don't "drop" the saw much if at all. I use the decomp and use a quick assertive pull on the rope.

When I'm up in the bucket my starting method is drastically different. When using a top handle I hold the rear handle with the right hand and pull the rope with the left, pretty straight forward. When using larger saws of the conventional, non-top handle design it's the same procedure only I lean over the edge of the bucket allowing my right arm that is holding the rear handle to hang straight down outside the bucket allowing the saw to hang with the bar pointed straight down. This makes it so I'm not supporting the weight of the saw in an uncomfortable and awkward manner, and it lets the weight of the saw work for me and not against me making a pull of the rope with the left hand easy and safe. Being that the whole saw is outside the bucket there is zero danger of contact between the spinning chain and any part of my body.

Just realized that despite my being a righty, I pretty much always pull the rope with the left.

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
11:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I pull the rope with my right and hold the top of the handle with my left but I am a leftie so does that make me goofy or normal? I know I'm goofy but I just wanna know if I'm starting my saws normal or not.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I guess when it comes to starting saws normal is relative. If your are comfortable and you haven't killed yourself yet then I guess just keep on doing what you are doing.