HUSQVARNA HUSQVARNA THREAD

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spike, can the 565 be upgraded/modded to the 572 like the 365 XT could be upgraded/modded to the 372 XT?

NYH1.

Technically yes, but not cost effective. Better to simply buy the 572 from the get go. But the 565 is by no means a slouch. You can lean on it pretty good. As far as who is buying 565's, it's more guys stepping up from the 562 than stepping down from the 572. The power ratings are close at 4.8 for the 562 vs 5.0 for the 565, in the catalog. But in the wood with 20" bars buried the 565 leaves the 562 in the dust. (sawdust :) )

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn Hooskies. LOL

Hey Jeff; Great to see you here, taking an interest in these new model Hooskies. You're not thinking of changing sides are ya buddy? I've expected for a while now that the ongoing dialog between you and Mason could eventually result in one of you crossing the chainsaw DMZ. Glad to have you aboard. Good job Mason!

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Jeff; Great to see you here, taking an interest in these new model Hooskies. You're not thinking of changing sides are ya buddy? I've expected for a while now that the ongoing dialog between you and Mason could eventually result in one of you crossing the chainsaw DMZ. Glad to have you aboard. Good job Mason!
He’s got a 262xp already... the husky disease is kicking in lol.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Bob:
I'm really liking this 262xp. Very good running saw. Mason has some nice saws. I'm just a simple old skool guy. Lol
Husqvarna has really come out with some strong running saws.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Bob:
I'm really liking this 262xp. Very good running saw. Mason has some nice saws. I'm just a simple old skool guy. Lol
Husqvarna has really come out with some strong running saws.

Lot's of good running saws coming out now, from both companies. Best part is that it's the second go-round for most of the new technology involved. They've learned an awful lot from the earlier models and the improvement in reliability is really amazing.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes sir. Good time to be in the market for new Husqvarna chain saws. [emoji106]

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi I have two saw corpses a 350 and a 346 oe, the 346 case was junk so I am building the 350 with the 346 top end.
Ported the cylinder after my abilities, sanded squish and cut base, lowered intake some and raised exhaust.
My question is if there is a prefered carb between the Zama c3 EL18B or the Walbro 154A for a ported saw? I'm more used to walbro's so I already cleaned and put new gaskets in it, but it looks like they should both work.

Here is how managed to get the seal over the step in the crank, I messed up trying to force it at first hopefully I got the spring back in the groove.
asdg.jpg sdg.jpg

Payed too much already for this, still need a few plastic parts...:eek:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A little tip on jumping the seal over a stepped crank .We used a thing called a 'bullet" for this on machine installed engine crank shaft seals installed by robots on automobile engines .It was merely a " funnel " of sorts that allowed the lip to expand over the step ..You can get about the same thing if you can find the thin plastic tubes that drill bits and things like this come in .Just grease up the seal and slide it right on ,slick as a whistle .Otherwise on some saws it's pretty easy to roll the lip .Then usually it takes another seal .

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or use some of that Mac microfiche ya have layin' around that isn't much good for anything else these days. LOL
0322181242_resized.jpg
And unless there's a seriously weird angle on that first pic, that bearing isn't even going to sit in the housing correctly with the cover/seal cocked like that. And double check your mating surfaces at the seams for the proper bevel. Early cases and some aftermarket riser blocks didn't/don't have it, and the bearing cover ends up pinching out into the seam not allowing proper mating of the surfaces..., resulting in an air leak.

0118191129_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A piece of thin plastic film would work well to shoe spoon a seal .I'd be careful using something like metal shim stock lest it cut the seal lip .That would kind of suck to say the least .

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Forgot I posted here, not sure what you see in the picture but its probably just distorted.
Since the bearing and seal is one piece i couldnt use anything that would interefere with the inner race going over the step in the crank, so no sleeves or plastic film thats why I built up the smaller crank diameter with electrician tape.

I hope I have the bevels on the case, I will do a vac/pressure test when its assembled.

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
61's are a great long lasting dependable saw and if it's as good on the inside as it is on the outside you got a great deal, not very often I get them in my shop in that nice of shape.

NeSurcaster

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey fella's long time no see/talk, just wondering if the HD filter set up is worth it for a ported 272? I found one but not sure its worth a hundred bucks. I had issues with my 272 at first due to a nylon mesh filter. Once I got a flock/felt filter the stock filter set up has been fine. Other than being time consuming to clean filter.

So is the better flow of the HD worth it? Thanks for your time and opinions

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is one sitting on the shelf at my local dealer as of Friday... Didn't look at the price though.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk