HUSQVARNA HUSQVARNA THREAD

Agrarian

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A question for our Scandinavian friends - is the Husky 133se/sg commonly found over there? Or is it just as rare there as it seems to be here?

Barry

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They were probably very common back in the days, old clapped out ones are sold on auction sites still but I guess most have been turned to scrap metal by now.

A question for our Scandinavian friends - is the Husky 133se/sg commonly found over there? Or is it just as rare there as it seems to be here?

Barry

Hillbilly01

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Quite a few questions for the collective here. Working on tuning up my father-in-law's 365 and 36. He got the 365 back some 20+ years ago and has never done anything to it besides put gas, oil, and a new chain on it every now and again. It has the front facing chain tensioner and at some point someone forcefully tried to tighten the chain without loosening the bar nuts and bent the screw. Does anyone has a part number for the front mount chain tensioner. I've been scouring the internet and can only seem to find the side tensioner version. This leads me to my next question, has anyone ever replaced the front mount chain tensioner with a side mount, ie: replacing the clutch cover with the side mount version? Has anyone used an aftermarket cover? Specifically the hyway version that includes the side chain adjuster, probably will just go that route if i know it works. I really do hate the front mount chain tensioner :mad:. On to the 36, it has no spark at all, was going to start by checking the gap on the ignition coil, does anyone know distance? I did a quick Google search and saw someone say .008". I then found a pdf manual posted by someone that said .3mm(.012), don't think it was a husqvarna manual though. Just looking for a definitive answer, or perhaps if I'm in that range it doesn't matter? I know this is a lengthy post but if anyone actually reads this far I really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help!

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
12:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Quite a few questions for the collective here. Working on tuning up my father-in-law's 365 and 36. He got the 365 back some 20+ years ago and has never done anything to it besides put gas, oil, and a new chain on it every now and again. It has the front facing chain tensioner and at some point someone forcefully tried to tighten the chain without loosening the bar nuts and bent the screw. Does anyone has a part number for the front mount chain tensioner. I've been scouring the internet and can only seem to find the side tensioner version. This leads me to my next question, has anyone ever replaced the front mount chain tensioner with a side mount, ie: replacing the clutch cover with the side mount version? Has anyone used an aftermarket cover? Specifically the hyway version that includes the side chain adjuster, probably will just go that route if i know it works. I really do hate the front mount chain tensioner :mad:. On to the 36, it has no spark at all, was going to start by checking the gap on the ignition coil, does anyone know distance? I did a quick Google search and saw someone say .008". I then found a pdf manual posted by someone that said .3mm(.012), don't think it was a husqvarna manual though. Just looking for a definitive answer, or perhaps if I'm in that range it doesn't matter? I know this is a lengthy post but if anyone actually reads this far I really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help!
Ok, in order: The p/n for the screw is 503932801. You can replace the front tensioner with a side one, just pull all the old tensioner parts out first.

A/m covers are chit, my brother had one that came on his 365 and the f-er quit working midway through the day when we were out on a clearing job. As a stop-gap measure my brother pulled on the bar and I cinched down the bar nuts, but we tossed the a/m cover in the trash as soon as the saw got back to the shop. Oem parts are the only way to go for important stuff. If you want an oem side-tensioner cover, I've got a pretty nice one off of a 390 I'd sell.

For your 36, use a business card first. If it won't spark, drop it to .008. If it still won't spark the coil is probably shot.

Hillbilly01

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, in order: The p/n for the screw is 503932801. You can replace the front tensioner with a side one, just pull all the old tensioner parts out first.

A/m covers are chit, my brother had one that came on his 365 and the f-er quit working midway through the day when we were out on a clearing job. As a stop-gap measure my brother pulled on the bar and I cinched down the bar nuts, but we tossed the a/m cover in the trash as soon as the saw got back to the shop. Oem parts are the only way to go for important stuff. If you want an oem side-tensioner cover, I've got a pretty nice one off of a 390 I'd sell.

For your 36, use a business card first. If it won't spark, drop it to .008. If it still won't spark the coil is probably shot.

Thanks for all the help woodslasher. Looking forward to throwing that 390 cover on and doing away with that front chain tensioner!

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Be aware that the 36 is probably a twin of the small poulan made in a husqvarna plant.
Oem side covers are relatively cheap when ordered with the full wrap handle kit ,but lost of guys have spares. I have 2 farmertech ones that worked fine till I switched to the wide discharge cover.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just as a reminder for those who don't know .In the search for OEM parts numbers often times ChainsawR has the IPL's on a lot of makes and models .I have an abundance of reference materials ,on paper ,CD-ROM and micro fiche but I've been at this a long time .What would be helpful is if somebody had the IPL's for concrete saws that are in effect often chainsaw engines with a circular saw running gear .Of which some could be used for repairs and or restoration .It's just another option on relatively rare machines no longer in production .

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really like my MOFO 262XP. Smooth, lots of power, good fuel economy, great oiling, great air filtration. Makes bucking 20 inch logs fun.
It's just that front chain tensioner thing.

Hillbilly01

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I've got my father-in-law's 365 on the bench, tore it completely down to case halves, first saw I've ever split. Just curious what everyone's preferred method to lubricate the bottom end and the p/c is before firing up the saw for the first time is? Any ideas are greatly appreciated

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
12:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I've got my father-in-law's 365 on the bench, tore it completely down to case halves, first saw I've ever split. Just curious what everyone's preferred method to lubricate the bottom end and the p/c is before firing up the saw for the first time is? Any ideas are greatly appreciated
I’ve got an old 3-in-1 oil bottle full of mix oil that I use. I’ll pour a bit of oil on each bearing and once the jug is over the piston I’ll dump a fair bit in through the plug hole and voila! It’s good to go!

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wipe some mix oil around.