Huskyboy meets 500i

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
7:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Filtration doesn’t seem to be a strong suit so far... and Av is definitely a little more floppy with the 28” than the 24”... with a 32” I’d definitely get the west coast suspension kit. However... the saw is a fawkin’ beast (for a lack of a better word choice) with a 28” full comp lgx with the rakers set and 7 pin rim (in hardwood). Perfect combo on that saw. For a muffler modded stock saw its impressive. I haven’t figured out my exact production per tank but it’s gotta be close to what I get 572xp or a 462... the power makes up for some of the fuel usage for sure. It is certainly better with a 28” bar stock vs stock than those two saws. Have to port the other two saws to beat the 500i.

Last edited:

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
4:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s not quite as bad as I thought honestly. Not as good as my 572xp or a 462. Just keep a sharp chain... and the 500i will be adequate. Be interesting to see if maxflo comes out with a filter.
Legend has it there's one in the works that should be out soon.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Filtration doesn’t seem to be a strong suit so far... and Av is definitely a little more floppy with a 28”... with a 32” I’d definitely get the west coast suspension kit. However... the saw is a fawkin’ beast (for a lack of a better word choice) with a 28” full comp lgx with the rakers set and 7 pin rim. Perfect combo on that saw. For a muffler modded stock saw its impressive. I haven’t figured out my exact production per tank but it’s gotta be close to what I get 572xp or a 462... the power makes up for some of the fuel usage for sure. It is certainly better with a 28” bar stock vs stock than those two saws. Have to port the other two saws to beat the 500i.
Try an 8 tooth rim on it. They’re torquey enough to run it

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try an 8 tooth rim on it. They’re torquey enough to run it
Cool, I’ll have to try that. Maybe in pine it would be an advantage but I doubt it in oak. I’ll have to test that theory. I usually just run a 7 pin and a good healthy chain for work.

Last edited:
Local time
6:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool, I’ll have to try that. Maybe in pine it would be an advantage but I doubt it in oak. I’ll have to test that theory. I usually just run a 7 pin and a good healthy chain for work.

Try the 8, its all I run on 500's and works well in oak. These saws seem to wake up more so than any other I've ran after break in.

Swizzler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
  • "The new HD2 air filter on this unit is washable, providing extremely long filter life and lowering maintenance costs. The large surface area allows for longer run times between cleanings and high performance even while operating in dusty and dry conditions. Overall, the HD2 air filter provides better protection of the engine compared to standard air filters."

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try the 8, its all I run on 500's and works well in oak. These saws seem to wake up more so than any other I've ran after break in.
I’ll definitely try it out
  • "The new HD2 air filter on this unit is washable, providing extremely long filter life and lowering maintenance costs. The large surface area allows for longer run times between cleanings and high performance even while operating in dusty and dry conditions. Overall, the HD2 air filter provides better protection of the engine compared to standard air filters."
The HD2 on the 462 is smaller but stays cleaner longer because of the air injection. Just my findings. Others might vary, I can only give input on what I’ve experienced. But that said I’ll take the 500i over a 462c at this point in time if I had to choose between them (I still want to get more run time on the 500i to further review it). I’m just pointing out every positive/negative in my experiences with the 500i to give the most unbiased/honest review of it I can possibly give. It’s almost all positive so far, really like the saw.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

The HD2 on the 462 is smaller but stays cleaner longer because of the air injection. Just my findings. Others might vary, I can only give input on what I’ve experienced. But that said I’ll take the 500i over a 462c at this point in time if I had to choose between them (I still want to get more run time on the 500i to further review it). I’m just pointing out every positive/negative in my experiences with the 500i to give the most unbiased/honest review of it I can possibly give. It’s almost all positive so far, really like the saw.
Strangely enough, I read an older post of yours today somewhere. You had no inclinations on getting a 500.
Glad your a happy 500 owner. I want one even if it does have a primer bulb. LOL
Never liked those lil suckers.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

And hey maybe a negative point I find on a saw to me... is a positive point to someone else? It’s up to you guys to try it for yourself and see if you like it. Opinions are like azz holes... everyone has one. And they can be subject to change...