Huskyboy meets 500i

Local time
6:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I suggest Floppy, or Sir Pullsalot/primesalot

You get the idea I don't like them.

I get the idea you base your opinion off the internet and not from using one to feed your family..

It will do just fine for mason, hardwood cutting with a 24" and not floppy at all. Primer may as well not even be there because I never have to use it. Tad hard on fuel will be his complaint.. But the power and weight is where its at

Infinitejest

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I get the idea you base your opinion off the internet and not from using one to feed your family..

It will do just fine for mason, hardwood cutting with a 24" and not floppy at all. Primer may as well not even be there because I never have to use it. Tad hard on fuel will be his complaint.. But the power and weight is where its at

Spot on. Killer saw to make a living with.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I'm not sure where you got that idea, but I speak from personal experience. I just have bad luck with the 500i. I tried starting one at a GTG and had to prime it several times before it would finally start. It had not been more than 2-3min since it ran.

I also use one at the place I work, and more often than not it is a huge pain to start cold or hot. Maybe I just haven't figured out the ideal starting procedure for it, but it shouldn't be any harder to figure out than any other saw. It should be simpler by design right? I try the recommended 8 pushes of the primer for hot starting, and we still trade it around until someone gets it going.

I have experienced first hand the squishyness of the AV springs and how it is floppy with a 36" bar.

I will say that the weight of it is not something memorable, which is a good thing.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Running a straight shot? Cover on my ported one. It sure is loud and moss on the bark will smolder and at times ignite. Aside from that it is well built, maybe overbuilt. Everyone has seen mufflers and covers bent from mishaps. This cover is like 1/8" thick stainless... Makes me question what the carnage will be when the muffler dont bend if ya get what I'm saying.

Message_1615604415437.jpg

Here is the cover I'm running on a stock saw. Deflector welded inside, not overly loud and no smoldering moss. A member here modded this for me

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
4:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure where you got that idea, but I speak from personal experience. I just have bad luck with the 500i. I tried starting one at a GTG and had to prime it several times before it would finally start. It had not been more than 2-3min since it ran.

I also use one at the place I work, and more often than not it is a huge pain to start cold or hot. Maybe I just haven't figured out the ideal starting procedure for it, but it shouldn't be any harder to figure out than any other saw. It should be simpler by design right? I try the recommended 8 pushes of the primer for hot starting, and we still trade it around until someone gets it going.

I have experienced first hand the squishyness of the AV springs and how it is floppy with a 36" bar.

I will say that the weight of it is not something memorable, which is a good thing.
Mebbe get the stiffer vibe kit from WCS?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is how much fuel the saw consumed in 6 cuts in roughly 22” red oak. Definitely not a fuel miser. LolFDFB461D-940E-4E82-9148-5B07C9B4D8CD.jpegThats my only nitpick so far about this saw in my limited experience so far. It seems to make up for that in other areas. It’s one of the torquiest stock saws I’ve run in it’s size class. Thinking the fuel injection has something to do with this. I didn’t notice the saw being floppy with a 24” bar, I’ll try a 28” on it next. Maybe with a 32” it gets floppy?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Try pulling it faster

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i can hardly even be considered a hack, but i think just about any modern 5 cube is gonna be floppy with 32” bar. 281/288 with stiff rubbers, not so much. thats the cost of spring smoothness i think