High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I kinda agree.
Venison is okay.....if I'm pretty hungry.

I assume it's partly because it doesn't usually get bled out right away like domestic critters do....maybe?...

Plus, eating bucks that are in rut is kinda counter-intuitive, it seems to me.
With hogs, if there is a sow anywhere around it'll make even the cut boars tast like a real boar, so I would assume all the mating hormones during the rut would mess with the flavor of venison.

But, I don't really know nothin....
I concur with your thoughts.

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wondering, but my wife is going through all sorts of coffee makers looking for the one that suits her taste. Being that you guys really savor your different brews, and that I never got started on the stuff, what do you favor for coffee makers? She had a Bunn for years, then a Cuisinart, a Ninja, and now a Keurig with fresh ground or pods.

Almost like starting an oil war, but what do you prefer?

WoodAbuser

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wondering, but my wife is going through all sorts of coffee makers looking for the one that suits her taste. Being that you guys really savor your different brews, and that I never got started on the stuff, what do you favor for coffee makers? She had a Bunn for years, then a Cuisinart, a Ninja, and now a Keurig with fresh ground or pods.

Whatever I find at Goodwill when mine dies. ☕

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife had a Kuerig for several years, it had the small basket for fresh ground or you could use the pods. Convenient; yes. Expensive: yes. Flavor was ok.

We have a Bunn non programmable now that works fine. She is babbling about getting another one. Why , I have no idea.

I believe the “perfect “ temp for coffee is 145* or 165*, maximum flavor.

America’s Test Kitchen did a test drip type coffee makers. Temp, time to brew a pot, convenience, etc ..

I don’t recall the winner, I will have to dig around the inter web to find it.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

From my experience, the grinder being able to grind extremely consistency sized product makes a bigger difference in getting the flavor you want.

Myself, I go for trying to get max flavor extraction without any bitterness. Grind size is a very fine grain, with zero powdery residue. There are many grinders that will achieve this, and at many different price points.

Last edited:

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

we had keurig but if you dont clean them out with a vinegar wash every so often it taints the coffee. if you ever cut one apart and see how they are made you would understand. they have a lot of plastic tubing and little heaters and pumps inside and that always holds water so it can grow nasty stuff. we cut one apart that had been cleaned and inside the pump mand heater had slime growing. very nasty. i switched back to and old style bunn. but for best flavor i would use a french press.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
we had keurig but if you dont clean them out with a vinegar wash every so often it taints the coffee. if you ever cut one apart and see how they are made you would understand. they have a lot of plastic tubing and little heaters and pumps inside and that always holds water so it can grow nasty stuff. we cut one apart that had been cleaned and inside the pump mand heater had slime growing. very nasty. i switched back to and old style bunn. but for best flavor i would use a french press.
I think a French press would be a nice Christmas gift for Matt. We all know how fond he is of anything French...

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning connoisseur's of good tasting beverages and sometimes COFFEE.

It stayed frost free last night, with 45f showing in the backyard for a low. Right now the guessers are claiming we should be good till at least next Tuesday overnight before the next cooler event.

This is good as it will give the recently planted garlic some time to develop some (hopefully) good roots before the true cold arrives.