High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an 064 that is doing strange things. Sounds like it is missing and cutting out; it even backfired. It dies when you tilt the bar up. I have a couple videos but don't have youtube. Any ideas?
I had a 271 that did that. Ended up being a torn intake boot. A backfire also blew out the base gasket on the thing.

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an 064 that is doing strange things. Sounds like it is missing and cutting out; it even backfired. It dies when you tilt the bar up. I have a couple videos but don't have youtube. Any ideas?

I would start with a good carb cleaning, I have had couple saws act up when tilted & there was some debris in the carb.

After an internal carb check up then make sure your needle valves are adjusted properly.

If it’s still being a pia then start with the electrical system.

That’s my $.02 from a hacks perspective. I am sure that someone that knows stuffs about saws will chime in though. 😆

Lurch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning everybody.
Rebekah got in touch last night. She’s needing some help getting a supply of firewood. She has a little right now and I have some I’m going to take to her. I figured we can have a charity cut for her on November 2nd and really get her stocked up for quite a while.
Anybody interested just let me know.

I can make that date. Count me in.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning everybody.
Rebekah got in touch last night. She’s needing some help getting a supply of firewood. She has a little right now and I have some I’m going to take to her. I figured we can have a charity cut for her on November 2nd and really get her stocked up for quite a while.
Just meet up at her house Saturday morning November 2nd about 9am.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Change the coil. Check the flywheel.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may be splitting pecan on the 2nd..
Is there material there in mtn grove to work up?

Or just run some wood over there?
I’ve about 1/2 cord at the house I’ll be taking to her in the next couple of weeks. If anybody has extra and can take it to her before the 2nd, go ahead.
She has some leftover on hand, maybe a couple of weeks worth. I’d like to see her have a couple of seasons worth on hand though.
Alan used to cut wood and give to older folks during the colder times of the year and she wants to continue doing that. So some of what we would cut for her will continue what Alan used to take of.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve about 1/2 cord at the house I’ll be taking to her in the next couple of weeks. If anybody has extra and can take it to her before the 2nd, go ahead.
She has some leftover on hand, maybe a couple of weeks worth. I’d like to see her have a couple of seasons worth on hand though.
Alan used to cut wood and give to older folks during the colder times of the year and she wants to continue doing that. So some of what we would cut for her will continue what Alan used to take of.
I’m splitting with Matt 11/2, unless something changes. Sorry

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure I want to haul wood that far, but if you want to come over next time you are at the Stamp I'll gladly load you up with a cord of wood to take to Rebekah.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just let me know how much she needs..

I probably got it around here...

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would start with a good carb cleaning, I have had couple saws act up when tilted & there was some debris in the carb.

After an internal carb check up then make sure your needle valves are adjusted properly.

If it’s still being a pia then start with the electrical system.

That’s my $.02 from a hacks perspective. I am sure that someone that knows stuffs about saws will chime in though. 😆

Change the coil. Check the flywheel.
Flywheel was good. I regapped the coil while I was there. Kevin told me it sounded like the spark plug might be broken. He was definitely in the right direction. The plug wire was loose on the spark plug; like barely hanging on loose. I don't know how it started and ran at all. I cleaned the plug and reconnected the wire; it fired right up and ran like a beast. I need to put it in wood to verify.

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Flywheel was good. I regapped the coil while I was there. Kevin told me it sounded like the spark plug might be broken. He was definitely in the right direction. The plug wire was loose on the spark plug; like barely hanging on loose. I don't know how it started and ran at all. I cleaned the plug and reconnected the wire; it fired right up and ran like a beast. I need to put it in wood to verify.
See, I told you that somebody that knew stuffs about saws would fix you up.

Glad you got it fixed up.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
5th grader hit by a car and killed after school today in Granby. No real details yet. The school sent an automated call out to parents tonight. I'm tired, I worry about kids all the time with my job being on the road so much. It was someones personal car but I know how kids are around the brown truck. I have had to get on to so many of them over the years for just being stupid. Think I will go to bed now.

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning everybody.
i may be able to make that, we should have our little one here by then. due date is sunday. it will be tentative for me but hope i can make it.