High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
signed a contract on a farm with downpayment yesterday. 46 acres 43 pasture fenced with a 30x60 horse/hay barn and a 2000sqft modular home. biggest purchase ive ever taken. working thru the local fsa for first time farmers loan. lots of paperwork but good interest rates compared to traditional banks currently.
This sounds like some potential good times.

Do you have plans for the fenced pasture?

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
signed a contract on a farm with downpayment yesterday. 46 acres 43 pasture fenced with a 30x60 horse/hay barn and a 2000sqft modular home. biggest purchase ive ever taken. working thru the local fsa for first time farmers loan. lots of paperwork but good interest rates compared to traditional banks currently.
Glad to hear it.
Took a pic20240606_151100.jpg
Don't have a cork and won't use start fluid

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This sounds like some potential good times.

Do you have plans for the fenced pasture?
the front 20 acres is in bermuda and alfalfa currently and will probably continue some hay operation from it, the back 23 is in forever quail til 2026. then i plan to start row croping it. there is prlly 2-3 acres in a nice fenced in area i had thought to get some cows on or goats. we shall see.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the front 20 acres is in bermuda and alfalfa currently and will probably continue some hay operation from it, the back 23 is in forever quail til 2026. then i plan to start row croping it. there is prlly 2-3 acres in a nice fenced in area i had thought to get some cows on or goats. we shall see.
If you don’t mind a little physical labor, that 20 should be able to gin 10-$15,000 a year in revenue.. small square bales of that mix are a pretty hot commodity..

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you don’t mind a little physical labor, that 20 should be able to gin 10-$15,000 a year in revenue.. small square bales of that mix are a pretty hot commodity..
Back when Texas had the drought, a long time ago, those bales were sold around here for $3, loaded on trailer. In Texas they brought $10 a bale with a shipping fee of a buck a bale. No money in lean beef in a market that was flooded with beef

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just put the moisture meter in some of the lumber I been milling the last few months..

Newest oak is down to almost 25% with the pins buried. I suspect closer to 30% in the middle.

The walnut is getting near 15%

Couldn’t get a reading on the hedge.. couldn’t force the pins in far enough to get a reading.

Gonna have to cut a piece of it and try to stuff the pins in the end grain I guess..

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes ya just gotta laugh or say "f--- it". Today I was standing under my carport and realized that I'm standing on the spot where my log splitter should have been. "Better to get pissed off than pissed on" they say. Well, I got pissed on but I'm just too old to get all pissed off about this. Just not worth it and I can't do anything about it anyway. Pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things but frustrating nonetheless. It was a nice one for a big box store splitter. Dirty Hands 27 ton with the 30 ton ram. I've advertised on the local Facebook. It's definitely an eye opener. I've lived here 25 years and this is the 2nd time ive got hit. The first was a lawn mower. Hope y'all had a great one and have a nice weekend ahead.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mornin.

Had a noisy & wet bit of weather from 4 to 5:30 am......pretty much vertical so that was nice....they say it was about 1/2".

Supposed to be 91 today....should be quite miserable.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes ya just gotta laugh or say "f--- it". Today I was standing under my carport and realized that I'm standing on the spot where my log splitter should have been. "Better to get pissed off than pissed on" they say. Well, I got pissed on but I'm just too old to get all pissed off about this. Just not worth it and I can't do anything about it anyway. Pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things but frustrating nonetheless. It was a nice one for a big box store splitter. Dirty Hands 27 ton with the 30 ton ram. I've advertised on the local Facebook. It's definitely an eye opener. I've lived here 25 years and this is the 2nd time ive got hit. The first was a lawn mower. Hope y'all had a great one and have a nice weekend ahead.
That really sucks, but your attitude is commendable.

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Better than my attitude would be.

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you. Don't get me wrong, I'd break his/her elbows and hands if I'd caught them. I'd really like a face to face with whoever did it. I'm a vengeful type.lol Getting mad and staying mad just isn't going to do me any good though. Maybe karma will intervene and they'll get their arm stuck in it. A guy can always hope. Good morning y'all

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mornin.

Had a noisy & wet bit of weather from 4 to 5:30 am......pretty much vertical so that was nice....they say it was about 1/2".

Supposed to be 91 today....should be quite miserable.
Mine was a bit later and a huuuge flash several miles away raised the dead who shook my shoulder ( sounded better in my head) took the thunder many seconds to get heare and it was much more than I recall previously.
Guessers say .6" and clouds rest o day here. My catchers show almost .25".
MisSpelled hear/here above as a writers conglomeration. Any opinion?