High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
2:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've forgot who I said I'd send my Wesco boots to. Pm Kyle to get evaluation of this pair of boots. He saw one, maybe both yesterday. PM me with address and they'll come your way
@Woodslasher over in the random picture thread. Hopefully he will chime in.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Neighbor asked me to see what was wrong with his brand new saw, (the mighty ms170)......he said it just stopped cutting.....

I prescribed bar oil, and that he should probably stop sawing on rocks.... the chain was pretty much shot, and as you can see it was some kind of hot.

It's his first saw, so there's that.
20240605_190721.jpg

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Neighbor asked me to see what was wrong with his brand new saw, (the mighty ms170)......he said it just stopped cutting.....

I prescribed bar oil, and that he should probably stop sawing on rocks.... the chain was pretty much shot, and as you can see it was some kind of hot.

It's his first saw, so there's that.
View attachment 422058
The bar oil is probably a good deal, likely overheating that bar trying to shove it thru with a dull chain. Not cutting rocks will help exponentially as well.

I would just dress the bar & sharpen his chain & turn him loose again.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The bar oil is probably a good deal, likely overheating that bar trying to shove it thru with a dull chain. Not cutting rocks will help exponentially as well.

I would just dress the bar & sharpen his chain & turn him loose again.
I just gave him a sharpish chain and told him to pay closer attention to the oil level, also explained why he shouldn't cut rocks.
Didn't bother with the bar since he's just cutting brush and dinky cedars.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My youngest son, Christopher, and his wife are on vacation in Colorado this week. Yesterday they went to Rocky Mountain National Park. They stopped at the top of the road to read this sign.
He didn’t know at the time that I stood at this same spot 52 years ago.
Thought that was pretty neat.

Attachments

• IMG_2014.png
    IMG_2014.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2015.png
    IMG_2015.png
    305.4 KB · Views: 8

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good afternoon gents: forgot to send a mm 300 Remington with Kyle the other day. Has compression or rusty tube resistance. Chain rusted in place it looks like. Haven't pulled muf do to lack of interest, have a ms-170 that seems similar enough that runs. Any body near se MO want it?

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good afternoon gents: forgot to send a mm 300 Remington with Kyle the other day. Has compression or rusty tube resistance. Chain rusted in place it looks like. Haven't pulled muf do to lack of interest, have a ms-170 that seems similar enough that runs. Any body near se MO want it?
ill be back to see you soon enough, if someone wants any of these i can help shuttle them to you.

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
signed a contract on a farm with downpayment yesterday. 46 acres 43 pasture fenced with a 30x60 horse/hay barn and a 2000sqft modular home. biggest purchase ive ever taken. working thru the local fsa for first time farmers loan. lots of paperwork but good interest rates compared to traditional banks currently.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
signed a contract on a farm with downpayment yesterday. 46 acres 43 pasture fenced with a 30x60 horse/hay barn and a 2000sqft modular home. biggest purchase ive ever taken. working thru the local fsa for first time farmers loan. lots of paperwork but good interest rates compared to traditional banks currently.
Congratulations buddy!