High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning y'all. I have some small cedars available to me. What's the best time if year to mill them? Do you treat them with anything?
Red cedar is stable after cutting/milling in my experience. Doesn't cup as white oak slabs have ( even the 2 with the pith between). Clear finish immediately after each one milled helps the perple color remain if that's what you have and want.
Enjoy the process in weather you prefer since it's not mattered to me or the logs

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think this was shown a couple days agoView attachment 413819 with a stated value of $8-9k! That is the companies buy back. Didn’t think about that til spot silver price was checked few minutes ago. Melt value for the silver close to $11,187 depending on the fluctuations in the metals market. Makes attitude improve a bit over my last 🍵
And that's if everything is generic, common coins. There may very well be key date, low mintage coins in there, that have a substantial numismatic value, over spot/melt. Are they all Washington, or are there some Standing Liberty, Barber, or Seated Liberty's in there?

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning y'all. I have some small cedars available to me. What's the best time if year to mill them? Do you treat them with anything?
Cedar is very forgiving, mill it whenever you have log getting opportunities.... like most other tree species it mills better green.
Stickier it properly out of the direct sunlight and it'll do well.
I've never treated cedar until I build something out of it.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And that's if everything is generic, common coins. There may very well be key date, low mintage coins in there, that have a substantial numismatic value, over spot/melt. Are they all Washington, or are there some Standing Liberty, Barber, or Seated Liberty's in there?
No idea, anything of value was plucked before the bag had 2000 quarters packaged. Investment rarities is the name of the company.
On key dates; I've got 2 1928 silver dollars. Guesstimate by the coin grading outfits is 40,000 units still around. How does that compare to 1909 s vdb pennies?

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No idea, anything of value was plucked before the bag had 2000 quarters packaged. Investment rarities is the name of the company.
On key dates; I've got 2 1928 silver dollars. Guesstimate by the coin grading outfits is 40,000 units still around. How does that compare to 1909 s vdb pennies?

Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay. Those PD's can be pretty valuable, in a good grade. Stuff with that high of numismatic value, will lose everything, if the bottom falls out. I'm not one to focus on numismatic value stuff, because it's so speculative. That said, I still appreciate that side of things.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of you folks like older GMC’s ?
The yellow was rebuilt by the owner & the blue one was bought new by him.

They were always shedded & seldom saw rain.
The owner has passed away & they are coming up at auction in a couple weeks.

28C1B7E4-2CA8-4612-9C39-7A8229BC207D.jpeg

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of you folks like older GMC’s ?
The yellow was rebuilt by the owner & the blue one was bought new by him.

They were always shedded & seldom saw rain.
The owner has passed away & they are coming up at auction in a couple weeks.

View attachment 413922
I like that 3/4 ton, though it'd be a bit cooler if it was a 350.
If I had unlimited funds I'd have so much neat junk........

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Hedgerow

Here are a couple of pulling tractors for you & Levi. They were meticulously maintained. Larry & his son built Shameless, it still has the original “M” bullgear in the rear end. I believe that engine was about 550 cubes.

I think the Minnie has about 480 cubes.

1E688BA7-F481-4FCC-A6B1-0B6C66E326B3.jpeg

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay. Those PD's can be pretty valuable, in a good grade. Stuff with that high of numismatic value, will lose everything, if the bottom falls out. I'm not one to focus on numismatic value stuff, because it's so speculative. That said, I still appreciate that side of things.
Intrinsic value is the deal. Millions ounces of silver used each year in wiring computers in automotive setups. Gold is used in other aspects but is used less for functionality mote for jewelry and such.
Money has no true values, them printed bits of cloth have lack of true worth

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Auction in person only or online?

Link to the auction please.
Here you go Chet.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Hedgerow

Here are a couple of pulling tractors for you & Levi. They were meticulously maintained. Larry & his son built Shameless, it still has the original “M” bullgear in the rear end. I believe that engine was about 550 cubes.

I think the Minnie has about 480 cubes.

View attachment 413924

Hard no here...

A. Wrong colors...

B. Too much other *s-word to do...

Maybe a n 20 years...

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Auction in person only or online?

Link to the auction please.
I've only done in person. Not that I lack trust in those invisible wait yeah that's it. If I can get the aura of the crowd there are items that start a bit up that patience will have auctioneer accept1$ bid, and know it's worth lot more to me.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Intrinsic value is the deal. Millions ounces of silver used each year in wiring computers in automotive setups. Gold is used in other aspects but is used less for functionality mote for jewelry and such.
Money has no true values, them printed bits of cloth have lack of true worth
I agree.