High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
6:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good afternoon!
Just got back last night from our mission trip to Navajoa, Senora, Mexico.
I was the bus driver through the entire trip. 3732 miles. God kept us all safe, and gave us a great time of learning and opportunities to reach out to others with the Gospel.
It is probably going to take a couple of days for me to get back to normal. Not much sleep for the past few days.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good afternoon!
Just got back last night from our mission trip to Navajoa, Senora, Mexico.
I was the bus driver through the entire trip. 3732 miles. God kept us all safe, and gave us a great time of learning and opportunities to reach out to others with the Gospel.
It is probably going to take a couple of days for me to get back to normal. Not much sleep for the past few days.
What a miserable drive. Did you at least stop in Amarillo and eat at the Big Texan?

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took the Japanese rifle in to the gunsmith today to have them look it over. It had sustained water spots on the stock from the fire retardant water. I asked if it could be removed and they said no. It would have to be completely sanded and a new finish applied. They further recommended that the finish be left alone. This just adds to its history basically. So they’re just going to disassemble it, do a good cleaning and oiling and reassemble it. Making sure it’s in operable condition.
It also has a matching bayonet that I had been searching the rubble for 5 days. I thought it was gone. But today I happened to be in the right place and found it under some wet insulation next to the step into the den. Soaking wet. Took it the house, cleaned it and piled it. Doesn’t seem any worse for the wear.

Attachments

• D132D6A8-BAD7-487C-97FD-A43D1F0453E4.jpeg
    D132D6A8-BAD7-487C-97FD-A43D1F0453E4.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 10

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys.

The hull is old growth western red cedar, except the light colored strip is Alaska yellow cedar.
The light colored trim is ash, and the dark stuff is black walnut.
The bottom is one solid piece of cedar.
We milled all the lumber.
Oh yeah, I hand caned the seats as well.

That was my second ceder strip canoe, it took me 200 hours to build it....
It's 15' long and about 34" wide, it weighs around 80 lbs I believe.

Sometime when I'm feeling braggadocios I'll post some more pics of stuff I've built.....

I tried to make a living with my woodshop for a few years, but failed on the business end of things.... woodworking is easy, marketing stuff is not....
Right...

Marketing is the downfall of most creative minds..

When you’re dealing in creative ventures, it takes a different mindset to market it to the masses..

Music industry comes to mind.. but also other creative ventures..

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope. Douglas, AZ to Norwood, MO. Straight through in both directions. Bathroom and fuel only. 18.5 hours not including stops.
When I retire, I wanna take one of those trips..

Think the Mexicans are ready for a spoonful of geopolitical info??

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I retire, I wanna take one of those trips..

Think the Mexicans are ready for a spoonful of geopolitical info??
I don't know if I will live long enough to retire, so I am doing it now. It takes a step of faith sometimes.

I am very strongly opinionated on politics, but it has to take second place to the Gospel for me.

I hope to be able to go again. I would really like to be able to communicate better. That part will be a real challenge for me as I cant seem to wrap my head around so much of how another language works. I was able to learn more spanish on this trip than what I expected though.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know if I will live long enough to retire, so I am doing it now. It takes a step of faith sometimes.

I am very strongly opinionated on politics, but it has to take second place to the Gospel for me.

I hope to be able to go again. I would really like to be able to communicate better. That part will be a real challenge for me as I cant seem to wrap my head around so much of how another language works. I was able to learn more spanish on this trip than what I expected though.
Mexico is gonna be south Texas in the next 10 years...
Good demographics, and medium skill sets..

They’re gonna replace China..

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mexico is gonna be south Texas in the next 10 years...
Good demographics, and medium skill sets..

They’re gonna replace China..
10 years is very optimistic. I have been noticing a lot of other countries besides Made in China on items lately though.

Edit: I hope you're right though. I'd much rather America invest in a neighboring country.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He made it back in time to clip the wire to the posts..

We rubbed it in a bit..
When my sister & I were about 8 & 10 y/o we were walking beans & she whacked her foot with a corn knife then had to be hauled to the ER to get stitched up. I gave her a hard time then about hitting herself to get out of walking beans. I still give her a hard time about it.

I dropped the post driver on my head a couple times when I was younger, it just bounced off, I don’t think it hurt it any…

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag