High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
10:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do they still stretch/expand that pex then push the fitting in & put another pex ring over it ? We installed some like that & some with brass rings for clamping.

Matt’s looks like just push in, back pressure seal or am I an idiot and not looking at it correctly ? I have never seen that in pex but it’s been years since I put it in. I guess if it works for airlines it would work for water

Pex A is the expansion type pex b is the crimp style. You can crimp pex a but the expansion rings they say tries to shrink back to its original size for the next 50 years. We use the push to connect fittings for temp repairs. Lately I’ve seen lots of o ring failures in the plumbing world so I’m not sure what to think.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pex A is the expansion type pex b is the crimp style. You can crimp pex a but the expansion rings they say tries to shrink back to its original size for the next 50 years. We use the push to connect fittings for temp repairs. Lately I’ve seen lots of o ring failures in the plumbing world so I’m not sure what to think.

I believe the main stuff we used was called aqua pex, at that time. It made running lines a lot easier than copper & that brittle ass cpvc.

I only saw it freeze & expand to bursting point once. We had a mouse chew into it once also, other than that no issues.

They probably have cordless expanders now a days don’t they ?

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ahh, I was not aware of type A and type B pex.
Would you go into some more detail, please? Are there obvious differences?

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
matt did they use all push fittings? What did they get you for it?
I think that’s the thing now..

But who knows... it’s circa/2023 and up to date now... no more runs, drip, or errors..

Hopefully this PEX is as good as they say.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe the main stuff we used was called aqua pex, at that time. It made running lines a lot easier than copper & that brittle ass cpvc.

I only saw it freeze & expand to bursting point once. We had a mouse chew into it once also, other than that no issues.

They probably have cordless expanders now a days don’t they ?

Yes they have cordless tool for expansion now. I remember the old hand expander and what a work out.

Ahh, I was not aware of type A and type B pex.
Would you go into some more detail, please? Are there obvious differences?

pex A is much more pliable and you can bend it in a very short radius versus pex b. If you link pex a you can heat it till clear and let it cool and it will be like new again.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes they have cordless tool for expansion now. I remember the old hand expander and what a work out.

That’s what we had was the hand expander also.

We did some 1” main feeds at an old school that was being converted to apartments. It was a treat uncoiling & expanding that chit in the access/crawl tunnel under that building. That larger stuff was a bearcat to expand.

Last edited:

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening everybody.
The boys and me sorted through a bunch of cedar logs today, cut all the low grade stuff to 53" for cants.
IMG_20230203_101942.jpg

IMG_20230203_101930.jpg

Like that...
IMG_20230203_173649.jpg

They'll be sold to a local mill that makes the 1/4" tongue and groove closet liner material they sell at the big box stores.

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Touched my chaps a couple years ago and threads froze the bar tip. I've tried everything I can think of short of taking the tip off. It's a nice, almost new Stihl 20" bar. Any suggestions? I've thought about heating it to the point that it burns or melts the threads but I don't know how that would effect the heat tempering of the bar.