High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys that are getting rain need to quit bragging about it...

Sorry to hear about your dog Carl. Hopefully the new one works out well for you.

On a better note I picked this up yesterday. It came with a salmon wheel & single point dressers. I called out and ordered a gray wheel, a blue wheel & 2 multi-point dressers. The original wheel hasn’t seen much use. I printed off the manual reading it off my phone was the chits. Fortunately or unfortunately how ever one chooses to see it I have a 25” skip link square filed chain to learn on. I hit a chunk of hidden iron, it pretty well junked all the cutters on one side.

View attachment 249738 View attachment 249739
Once the learning curve flattened out for me, it's been smooth sailing. I use a husky guide for the rakers, does very well milling up to 60" bar so far. I've got to dress up a couple loops for the 72" bar. Been on the back burner too long. Brain damage keeps me disorganized

Last edited:

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening all! Been on nights for about 4 months now, but am going back to days tomorrow, for one week, for a "Virtual Conference"... In the mean time, I put about 45 hours on the neighbor's Kubota 95SVDL, fixing washes in fields, in order to plant Soybeans and Milo. Then ran a tractor and cart while they cut 980 acres of wheat. Also helped an elderly neighbor down the road, who's a Korea Vet, to cut his 50 acres of wheat (after sorting out his 8820), and cut, then baled 28 acre of hay, which was a first for me. He has stage 4 Parkinson's, and Type II diabetes, so He's in a hell of a fix, and no one else in the family knows how to, or wants to farm. It was neat doing the hay, and I'll end up buying about 20-30 of the bales (5x5).

Depending on how things work out, I may end up buying his equipment, aside from the combine and wheat truck, as I don't have the land or need for them. But, the '67-68 Powershift 4020 with loader and duals, a 10' Chisel, a 10' disc, a 12' hydraswing swather, 6 wheel V-Rake, and the Hesston 865A baler would come in VERY handy. I think that there's also a 3-4 bottom plow too... All of the equipment, aside from the tractor, is in 50-75% condition, ao I'll have to figure out what a fair offer might be. The tractor's 70-80%.
16-20,000 dollars..

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
4020’s bring good money. Hard to beat them. I personally like the power shift better. What’s he got for a truck? I might be interested if things go up for sale. Hate it when a man works his life like that and his family won’t help. Guys like me would have given anything to work into running a farm.
Powershift was my favorite for sure..

That being said, it amazes me, how much some of them go for, when there are much more capable machines made.
Might be the operators platform, or proven, known familiarity, or just nostalgia...

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Powershift was my favorite for sure..

That being said, it amazes me, how much some of them go for, when there are much more capable machines made.
Might be the operators platform, or proven, known familiarity, or just nostalgia...

I think it’s more nostalgia than anything. 4020 was the tractor for a bit and fed a nation for a fair amount of time. I’m partial to a 4430 simply because I spent thousands of hours in one. I’d buy one tomorrow if the price was right.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3E5F9BD1-A2D9-4067-AC53-331D19FA5323.jpeg 146E90DE-AB37-49DA-AEEC-E2786C7C70B9.jpeg

Ok...

What the hell is this thing??
It’s in a yard. Growing new shoots around it from the roots.
Main tree maybe 22-24” DBH

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Birch grow from the root?

Guy says it don’t drop anything but leaves in the fall.

Leaves go from green to silver-ish white and drop.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who to get an Echo CS590 top end kit from?

Hunter’s just dropped one off here. 85 psi, done for after just twenty months of use. Toasted!

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pics of carnage?
Bet it’s scored both sides of piston..

It’s all I can do to see in there much less take a picture. [emoji2960]

Heavy damage to the exhaust side of the cylinder viewed from the plug hole. [emoji19]

P&C kits on evilbay are $180 ish. [emoji90]

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
White Poplar (Populus alba)...
A couple fellas up nort think it's an aspen tree..

Which would make sense I guess, as it's sending out "clones" through the root system.

Do White Poplar's do the same? I think they may be related?

Wood is pure white, soft, no extra going on in there.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A couple fellas up nort think it's an aspen tree..

Which would make sense I guess, as it's sending out "clones" through the root system.

Do White Poplar's do the same? I think they may be related?

Wood is pure white, soft, no extra going on in there.

I thought Aspen too for the same reasons, but the bark is wrong and the leaves are wrong. It is white poplar for sure, the bark is textbook white poplar. Yes, they "clone" through the root system; and, yes, they are related to aspen.

Aspen trees turn yellow in the fall. White poplar leaves are white and silver just like landowner described.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populus_alba

http://www.tree-guide.com/white-poplar

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=white+poplar&form=HDRSC2&first=1&scenario=ImageBasicHover

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...DEF47408AF10&first=1&scenario=ImageBasicHover

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag