High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Noticed my truck shaking the other day with my trailer in tow. Determined it was my trailer. Some of the bolts looked worn so I took it to my tire shop; the tire guy took one look and said that tire has separated a bead and is causing the vibration. I could see what he was talking about. He got to looking and I had 3 bad trailer tires.

I asked him what would cause that crap. He said, all trailer tires are made in China and the recommended speed limit is 65mph. RUH ROH!!! Apparently, there are NO high speed trailer tires for people like me, LOL. Almost a $500 bill later and I got new trailer tires and axle repaired.
Use truck tires!

I have gone to using radials. 10 ply if you can find them, from pickups. for trailers..

You can then go as fast as you want...

Thank me later.

What he said^^^^^^^

And iirc semi tires are in same 65mph zone.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
4020’s bring good money. Hard to beat them. I personally like the power shift better. What’s he got for a truck? I might be interested if things go up for sale. Hate it when a man works his life like that and his family won’t help. Guys like me would have given anything to work into running a farm.

I don't know what year the 8820 is, but it sat outside a good bit before he bought it, so it looks a bit weathered. The truck is a '66 Chevy C60 or C65, with a 327 and a 4spd/split axle. The dump works well, the engine is a bit tired, but I also think that the carb needs rebuilt, the tranny and clutch are good, but the wheel cylinders aren't good. They were recently replaced, but at least one is still leaking... I haven't tied to work on it yet, we'll see. He didn't get the fall crop in, so it won't be needed again, until it's time to plant wheat again. There also a 16 or 18 bottom drill that's old, but in pretty fair shape. I don't know what the spacing is though.

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning crew, very pleasant out. Finnish coffee and use some of this comfort to work timeView attachment 249937 only bald cypress, planted over last few years, to survive. It's in a spring that runs thru iron ore down there.
Cypress don't like competition,

It does best out in open area

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, and the drill spacing is 7.5” and the 8820 was the big dog of it’s line, but not near as desired machine as the 7720.. those were really good machines..

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Noticed my truck shaking the other day with my trailer in tow. Determined it was my trailer. Some of the bolts looked worn so I took it to my tire shop; the tire guy took one look and said that tire has separated a bead and is causing the vibration. I could see what he was talking about. He got to looking and I had 3 bad trailer tires.

I asked him what would cause that crap. He said, all trailer tires are made in China and the recommended speed limit is 65mph. RUH ROH!!! Apparently, there are NO high speed trailer tires for people like me, LOL. Almost a $500 bill later and I got new trailer tires and axle repaired.
I just replaced the tires on my flat bed trailer. Made from a camper way back. 22x8x10's. Short fat things. Load range E, 90 psi tires. I noticed a speed rating of J. I know a lot of speed ratings but never heard of that one. Had to look it up.
62 mph. Talk about an eye opener. It's a good thing whenever I'm pulling my camper or the flat bed I always hold it to 55-60 mph. But the key thing is keep the air pressure at the maximum. Keep those tires tight and standing on their toes. The worst thing on a tire is heat and low pressure creates the greatest amount of heat. Heat causes tread separation.
:)

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We have found load range g 16 inch tires here for a good price. Don’t remember the speed rating but it beats switching to 17.5 set ups. Trying to find them in 15” locally but can only find them on the inter webs.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just replaced the tires on my flat bed trailer. Made from a camper way back. 22x8x10's. Short fat things. Load range E, 90 psi tires. I noticed a speed rating of J. I know a lot of speed ratings but never heard of that one. Had to look it up.
62 mph. Talk about an eye opener. It's a good thing whenever I'm pulling my camper or the flat bed I always hold it to 55-60 mph. But the key thing is keep the air pressure at the maximum. Keep those tires tight and standing on their toes. The worst thing on a tire is heat and low pressure creates the greatest amount of heat. Heat causes tread separation.
:)
When we haul round bales and tractors, it’s not uncommon to go way over the load rating on the trailers.
I can fit 11 round bales at 13-1500 pounds on the 24’ trailer.. I just over inflate the tires.
10% over works pretty good.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Hercules makes a 14 ply with a speed rating of 75 in 235/80/16. I put them on my camper after a blowout with a 10 ply. They’re made in Thailand if I remember right. Sailun makes a 14 ply made in China that seems to hold up for people on these campers. We normally run truck tires on the dual tandem flat bed until they pop or won’t hold air. My cattle trailer will get a set of those Hercules when it needs new ones.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oh, and the drill spacing is 7.5” and the 8820 was the big dog of it’s line, but not near as desired machine as the 7720.. those were really good machines..
I had run a 6620 and 7720 for Shalie's Uncle. The 6620 was ok, but I loved that 7720. The 8820 is just a bit bigger, but I don't believe that it threshed as well as the 7720... The 6620 also didn't have near the through-flow in the feeder house, and separator...

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hercules makes a 14 ply with a speed rating of 75 in 235/80/16. I put them on my camper after a blowout with a 10 ply. They’re made in Thailand if I remember right. Sailun makes a 14 ply made in China that seems to hold up for people on these campers. We normally run truck tires on the dual tandem flat bed until they pop or won’t hold air. My cattle trailer will get a set of those Hercules when it needs new ones.

Trans eagle makes one as well and is a bit less expensive then the Hercules. That is what we have been using. I’ll have to check where they are made though

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trans eagle makes one as well and is a bit less expensive then the Hercules. That is what we have been using. I’ll have to check where they are made though

I was real happy to get these for $640 out the door mounted and all. Goodyear were about $1100 for the 14 ply. My next move would have been 17.5” for it.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had a few sprinkles last night about 9:00, I thought I heard some rain hitting the window in the night. Lots of lightning & thunder now. After I finish my coffee & PBJ I will check the rain gauge. As far as cooler weather they knocked our projected high temps from 97-98 down to 91-92 for the next few days. I see they added in some rain chances for some variety. Looks like some flood warnings out just north of St. Joseph.