High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s the fun in that?

I just been putting a feed bag between the brush guard and radiator.. lol

I do like Chet’s Idea of the “if ya gonna replace it, go with something better”. There are some real good aftermarket bells and whistles available for the 7.3’s.

Not sure if there are and aftermarket ball joints that are better than Ford OEM though. Surely someone has made a better mousetrap by now.
The AM that are greasable have been the best for us. We’ve never really had issues with them after putting them in as long as you grease them at service. Mine 99 has 250,000 on it and I’ve only put 1 set on it and 1 motorcraft stat. But the stat does need replaced now. We gave up on AM thermostats and glow plugs. Either goto Navistar or specify Mororcraft at your parts place, that goes for most of the electronic parts: ICP,IPR, and such. With having 4 7.3 E’s and 1 7.3 IDI yet we’ve pretty much figured out what’s good and what’s not. They all have quite a few miles on them and get used! No pavement queens here.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The AM that are greasable have been the best for us. We’ve never really had issues with them after putting them in as long as you grease them at service. Mine 99 has 250,000 on it and I’ve only put 1 set on it and 1 motorcraft stat. But the stat does need replaced now. We gave up on AM thermostats and glow plugs. Either goto Navistar or specify Mororcraft at your parts place, that goes for most of the electronic parts: ICP,IPR, and such. With having 4 7.3 E’s and 1 7.3 IDI yet we’ve pretty much figured out what’s good and what’s not. They all have quite a few miles on them and get used! No pavement queens here.
Have you ever had the radio not work and the windows not roll down when first started, only to come back on in a couple minutes?

And also, is there a superior alternator someone can get for those?

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since we got 2 SD’s and 1 IDI now. Always looking for better stuff.

I never minded spending coin on good stuff.. it’s the sketchy parts store junk that has be a little gun shy.

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you ever had the radio not work and the windows not roll down when first started, only to come back on in a couple minutes?

What year is it Matt?
May be CAN bus. If so, it may be dropping comms due to voltage droops/spikes.
Bad grounds could sure mess with it as well.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What year is it Matt?
Levi’s is an 01 and don’t suffer from the same gremlins. But his has an assload of aftermarket stuff on it. I’m fixing to replace all the cables associated with starting/charging with OEM new ones..

Those lead terminals get loose for no reason.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What year is it Matt?
I’ve even had the radio turn on and the volume cranks it’s self all the way up on its own... lol

But it always runs.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Several higher output Alternators are available online. My son's little Bronco came with a 70 or 75 amp factory. He found a 200 online in the same frame size. There's a place in Spfd that can rebuild them and boost the amp out put.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Actually Tim’s 02 is doing that, haven’t investigated it yet. It’s not very constant or have any pattern of any sort either. My experience with alternator issues is either it’s too small or improper voltage to it: IE bad connections. I had mine turned into a 180 amp by the motor shop. I run a power inverter with going to tractor pulls to plug the tractor in going to the pulls. That’s going on 8 years now and is still working. I ran another 8 gauge battery power wire to along with the factory wire

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Morning all! Off the rest of the week to watch my Son. We get to go rescue Dad's Z-71 this morning. I drove it on base two days ago after fixing the exhaust manifolds, EGR and plugs. t hadn't run that well in over 3 years. Hell, we even fixed the horn! Ran perfectly driving from Udall to McConnell, then I shut it down. Came outside to go to lunch, crank no-start. Checked all of the ignition wiring, fuses, etc. 3 bottles of heat later still nothing. I even shot starting fluid into the K&N intake, and NO fire...

So, Hayden and I are going to drive in shortly and meet AAA there to tow the truck to a shop. I believe that it's either the ignition switch, or the relay, but we'll see. Then we get to go Christmas shopping for the Boss!

Have a good day and stay warm!