High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
3:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks great & I applaud your effort. Christmas music usually just makes me angry, could be because my wife & 2 of my daughters start babbling about Christmas & playing music around October 1.

View attachment 213693
I agree...

2323BDCB-D5F0-4FF7-8936-74519E4719DE.jpeg

Welcome to silent bob’s world..

Christmas pictures suck... lol

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They should worry about bigger things
No different than here, with KDWP giving bow hunters nearly 5 months to hunt bucks, and smokeless rifle hunters two weeks. Granted bow can be more difficult, but given the amount of bow hunters, vice rifle, and the trophy's coming out of bow season, it seems a bit lop-sided. Unless I can find better than a 10 pointer, or a really unusual one, I'm sticking to does, as they taste better, but the principle still remains. For those with demanding jobs, it can be a PITA getting the specifically needed time off to not only hunt, but have leftover time to process (if successful) within that two week period.

I do want to do some hog hunting though...

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I did get split a 6x10 trailer full of wood today and stacked about 1/3 of it before running out of daylight. Looks like I have about 7 more to go to finish all of the splitting that I've dumped for myself. I want to meet up with Tim and get some wood from Him, but between fixing crap an getting caught up, I'm running our of time fast...
20191219_171045.jpg
20191219_171113.jpg

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No different than here, with KDWP giving bow hunters nearly 5 months to hunt bucks, and smokeless rifle hunters two weeks. Granted bow can be more difficult, but given the amount of bow hunters, vice rifle, and the trophy's coming out of bow season, it seems a bit lop-sided. Unless I can find better than a 10 pointer, or a really unusual one, I'm sticking to does, as they taste better, but the principle still remains. For those with demanding jobs, it can be a PITA getting the specifically needed time off to not only hunt, but have leftover time to process (if successful) within that two week period.

I do want to do some hog hunting though...

I get the rules for big game especially when it draws trophy hunters, but kill limit on squirrel?

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did get the 50 Rancher mostly together but lacking the new starter spring.

The one on there now is just shabby enuf I don’t want a ‘do over’. [emoji6]

Why is it most every saw needs the starter R&R six or eight times? [emoji848]

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get the rules for big game especially when it draws trophy hunters, but kill limit on squirrel?
I’ve found it’s pointless to ask permissions from DNR folks..
because the pat answer is NO.. because that shows off their power over you, just a serf/peasant..
So I do what I want, when I want.
I am a conservationist at heart.. we’ll keep tabs on populations and harvest an appropriate number.

I’m with Brian, the week of firearms season is too short. Busy people may not have those exact dates off to actually hunt. This year’s season fell about a week too late, and conditions sucked. Damn few deer were harvested and we got a ton of em this year.
I won’t shoot one if I can’t hang it a few days. So the temp needs to be cool. Hopefully we can get a couple the 28th /29th with the muzzle loaders.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve found it’s pointless to ask permissions from DNR folks..
because the pat answer is NO.. because that shows off their power over you, just a serf/peasant..
So I do what I want, when I want.
I am a conservationist at heart.. we’ll keep tabs on populations and harvest an appropriate number.

I’m with Brian, the week of firearms season is too short. Busy people may not have those exact dates off to actually hunt. This year’s season fell about a week too late, and conditions sucked. Damn few deer were harvested and we got a ton of em this year.
I won’t shoot one if I can’t hang it a few days. So the temp needs to be cool. Hopefully we can get a couple the 28th /29th with the muzzle loaders.

I agree completely with ya.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning midlanders!

MS261 parts still circling the drain in KCK. [emoji2959]

Thanks USPS. *a-holes!

That place is a joke! I have more stuff get lost and hung up for weeks at a time, in that black hole, than anywhere else. They "lost" an Echo topping saw and roll of chain there about 4 months back. Despite my post office and the shippers post office (who's wife was the postmaster) we still never got the packages back. They even quit answering calls and emails, from our post offices. I'm surprised someone hasn't went in there and cleaned house.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'd like to see rimfire options opened up for turkey, given the glut of them we have, and how they negatively affect the Quail, Prairie Chicken, and Pheasant populations (by eating the young). That would be a lot less mess/prep than digging out pellets.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like to see rimfire options opened up for turkey, given the glut of them we have, and how they negatively affect the Quail, Prairie Chicken, and Pheasant populations (by eating the young). That would be a lot less mess/prep than digging out pellets.
Agreed.. People want to blame our lack of quail on everything BUT the real culprits..
Coons, opossums, and wild turkeys. I like turkeys, but when you see roaming bands of 20 plus birds, ya got too many.