High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
9:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A while back i posted about issues with the ppbp30 backpack blower.
Replaced carb cause the plug wasn't getting wet consistently. No joy
Replaced coil cause no consistent spark. No joy
Took muffler off and heated it up , red hot, with a torch. Engine started couple times without muff and once with muff. No ultimate joy.
I had “tested” compression with my thumb cause the spark plug hole was too small for my compression tester. Seemed passable.
Went ahead and took the jug off and the rings were frozen in place except for one end each by the pins. Aha! Rings came off in small pieces. The piston was super fouled, thinking cause no way to adjust mix with the rotary carb. Also, had VERY MINOR scoring in the exhaust side. Cleaned grooves out, cleaned and polished piston, and cleaned and polished jug and exhaust port. Reassembled and waited a day for sealant to cure and attempted to start it. First pull and I'm thinking, ah so this is what the compression sposed to feel like (Big Duh!). Sucker started on third pull. Voila’.
Not ready to proclaim victory yet cause I'm somewhat worried about the wrist pin clips but well see. Anyway, live and keep learning.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A while back i posted about issues with the ppbp30 backpack blower.
Replaced carb cause the plug wasn't getting wet consistently. No joy
Replaced coil cause no consistent spark. No joy
Took muffler off and heated it up , red hot, with a torch. Engine started couple times without muff and once with muff. No ultimate joy.
I had “tested” compression with my thumb cause the spark plug hole was too small for my compression tester. Seemed passable.
Went ahead and took the jug off and the rings were frozen in place except for one end each by the pins. Aha! Rings came off in small pieces. The piston was super fouled, thinking cause no way to adjust mix with the rotary carb. Also, had VERY MINOR scoring in the exhaust side. Cleaned grooves out, cleaned and polished piston, and cleaned and polished jug and exhaust port. Reassembled and waited a day for sealant to cure and attempted to start it. First pull and I'm thinking, ah so this is what the compression sposed to feel like (Big Duh!). Sucker started on third pull. Voila’.
Not ready to proclaim victory yet cause I'm somewhat worried about the wrist pin clips but well see. Anyway, live and keep learning.

That thing use one of them tiny ass plugs?

Another reason I stick to saws. [emoji106]