High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the subject of military aircraft I have a few favorites.
WWII era I have 3 favorites.
P51 Mustang
Corsair
Spitfire
Later stuff (from the 70's and up)
F14 Tomcat
F15
F16
F18
B1B bomber
Anything Stealth
A10 Warthog
SR71
Helicopters
Cobra
Apache
Some of the coolest stuff around.
:)

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a cousin who lives in Arkansas. Her husband used to fly for a living and has a few planes.
One that he has is a scaled down Corsair. Really cool. One day he was doing touch and go's at a local airfield and was flying back home afterward. He got a call on his radio from a guy that wanted to look his Corsair over. In a few minutes a Spitfire pulls up along side him. The other pilot says, "Wanna dog fight?". Cousins husband laughed and politely turned him down.
:risas3:

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thomas,

Thank you for the link to the B1B page. This provides a good overview of the features of this aircraft.

But....Boeing taking credit for 100 AC being built at their factories is BS!

There is no denial Boeing can design and build a good plane, but this was and always will be
a Rockwell built AC.

Very interesting, so I did some investigating. How can Boeing take credit? Apparently Rockwell International sold its aerospace and defense units to Boeing in 1996. But that doesn't explain Boeing taking credit for the last B1B built in 1988. I do think Boeing is responsible for many upgrades, etc., from that point forward. As you stated though, the B1B is 100% Rockwell design and production; they won the contract from the start.

Anyhow, an amazing aircraft. Thank you for your contribution to making it happen.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the subject of military aircraft I have a few favorites.
WWII era I have 3 favorites.
P51 Mustang
Corsair
Spitfire
Later stuff (from the 70's and up)
F14 Tomcat
F15
F16
F18
B1B bomber
Anything Stealth
A10 Warthog
SR71
Helicopters
Cobra
Apache
Some of the coolest stuff around.
:)

A-10 is the beast!!
SmartSelect_20191004-144945_Samsung Internet.jpg

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm partial to the A-10 also. The most beautiful aircraft to the guys on the ground along with an AC130 Spectre.
We go to Cannon Range open houses to watch live fire exercises.

They had a BONE there one year dropping 1000 lb inert ordinace. They patched him over the observation tower PA and he said he was going home and his last pass would be at Mach .95 @ 500ft and full afterburner. It was the most memorable pass that I've experienced.
We were at an Indy car race at Kansas Speedway when a B1b passed over the track. You felt the grandstand start shaking then the Indy cars at full RPM going for the green flag were drowned out totally.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm partial to the A-10 also. The most beautiful aircraft to the guys on the ground along with an AC130 Spectre.
We go to Cannon Range open houses to watch live fire exercises.

They had a BONE there one year dropping 1000 lb inert ordinace. They patched him over the observation tower PA and he said he was going home and his last pass would be at Mach .95 @ 500ft and full afterburner. It was the most memorable pass that I've experienced.
We were at an Indy car race at Kansas Speedway when a B1b passed over the track. You felt the grandstand start shaking then the Indy cars at full RPM going for the green flag were drowned out totally.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

It's hard to describe unless you have heard one (B1B); but shaking a grandstand and drowning out 20ish Indy cars going full throttle is a good start. If there is a louder one, I don't want to hear it.

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's hard to describe unless you have heard one (B1B); but shaking a grandstand and drowning out 20ish Indy cars going full throttle is a good start. If there is a louder one, I don't want to hear it.
An AV8B Harrier on vertical takeoff gets very close.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk