High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
12:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spent he day testing and practicing cold start racing..
For levi’s 3 cube, he was gonna run the stump broke 346 and a good chain...
But something bumped it out of the spot...

147BDEEB-C15E-4AB9-A1E0-B95E57343D54.jpeg
The 5105 said gimme an 8 pin and step aside...

@Miller Mod Saws congrats...

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don’t ask!!!!

How do you get a cylinder off a stuck piston?
My first response includes taking out the plug and an adapter for the grease gun. But I am best known as a smart☆ss who uses field expedient paths. Like my plan for milling 80" diameter (circumference) log with a mill w/68" max cut.
Plan included; 90° guide traveling down 1x3 rectangular tube to cut in line with pith, after mill had cut as far as it could. This ;20190317_160934.jpg 1/4" bolt prevents finger spring apart, better clamp onto bar. Neodymium magnet keeps chain swap tools near and works reasonably well for the small size of saws that fit. Patience is a blessing however.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spent he day testing and practicing cold start racing..
For levi’s 3 cube, he was gonna run the stump broke 346 and a good chain...
But something bumped it out of the spot...

View attachment 171679
The 5105 said gimme an 8 pin and step aside...

@Miller Mod Saws congrats...

That 346 is junk! Only suitable for old men to use.

Send it to River City.

I’ll even pay postage.[emoji56]

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just remember, Thomas, it a chainsaw. Not the Space Shuttle. It ain't that hard.
Study it through .
:)

I got it . Lots of hammering!!!

Now, how do you get the piston off the rod? And how can I tell if the crank and bearings are good?

Back story. The saw is a stihl 362 mtronic that was straight gassed by my friends tree service. Stihl dealer quoted $500-700 to fix it, so my friend said he would just buy a new one.

You all know me and know I don’t work on saws. I’m not even sure if im calling the parts the correct name. I thought this would be a good time to give it a shot. I don’t know if I can even put it back together...lol

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Now, how do you get the piston off the rod? And how can I tell if the crank and bearings are good?

Back story. The saw is a stihl 362 mtronic that was straight gassed by my friends tree service. Stihl dealer quoted $500-700 to fix it, so my friend said he would just buy a new one.

You all know me and know I don’t work on saws. I’m not even sure if im calling the parts the correct name. I thought this would be a good time to give it a shot. I don’t know if I can even putt back together...lol

Um we gonna need a live feed camera above the bench......

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You all know me and know I don’t work on saws. I’m not even sure if im calling the parts the correct name. I thought this would be a good time to give it a shot. I don’t know if I can even put it back together...lol

Use your phone camera take pictures as you go.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The piston is held on the rod with a pin.
It’s held in place by circlips. Remove them and tap the pin out .