HOMELITE Homelite Thread

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From Homelite to Husqvarna to cherry trees now back to carbs .I looked up what I bought to fix that screwed up Tilly HS .It was listed as a Tillotson HS 228 clone for the 281 288 Husky . Like I said I had to swap the throttle shaft with the one from the original .It cost me $27.25 plus tax ,shipping free .

They call me Mr. Kibbs

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From Homelite to Husqvarna to cherry trees now back to carbs .I looked up what I bought to fix that screwed up Tilly HS .It was listed as a Tillotson HS 228 clone for the 281 288 Husky . Like I said I had to swap the throttle shaft with the one from the original .It cost me $27.25 plus tax ,shipping free .
As long as we're back on carbs, I did take a minute last night to take pics of the HS that came out of the SXL 925. First pic shows the brass H insert as well as another orifice in the well for the H circuit. Wondering why there is no hole in the well for the L jet?
Second shows the brass governor. After the pic I was able to get it out (and also smooth file my previous slot damage). Is the ball in this thing supposed to move freely when it's out of the carb body? This one does not currently move freely. I think Al said it opened at a certain resonance, does that mean there is a spring in there as well?
IMG_20240924_205059660.jpgIMG_20240924_204853430.jpg

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As long as we're back on carbs, I did take a minute last night to take pics of the HS that came out of the SXL 925. First pic shows the brass H insert as well as another orifice in the well for the H circuit. Wondering why there is no hole in the well for the L jet?
Second shows the brass governor. After the pic I was able to get it out (and also smooth file my previous slot damage). Is the ball in this thing supposed to move freely when it's out of the carb body? This one does not currently move freely. I think Al said it opened at a certain resonance, does that mean there is a spring in there as well?
View attachment 434827View attachment 434828

There is a spring in the governor.

Oletrapper

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning all, first post here. I am working on a Homelite Super XL 925 and would like to know if anyone has successfully repaired a striped muffler bolt hole? If there is someone, how did you repair it? Of the three on the saw, the top one that I am working on is striped out. It's a 3" 1/4 20 bolt and there are 3 turns remaining before the bolt bottoms out in the saw body with the muffler off. Muffler on, the bolt will not catch those remaining threads. I don't believe there is enough material on the saw body to use a heli-coil. Any suggestions would be kindly appreciated. I'll try to post some pics later on. Thanks in advance, OT

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning all, first post here. I am working on a Homelite Super XL 925 and would like to know if anyone has successfully repaired a striped muffler bolt hole? If there is someone, how did you repair it? Of the three on the saw, the top one that I am working on is striped out. It's a 3" 1/4 20 bolt and there are 3 turns remaining before the bolt bottoms out in the saw body with the muffler off. Muffler on, the bolt will not catch those remaining threads. I don't believe there is enough material on the saw body to use a heli-coil. Any suggestions would be kindly appreciated. I'll try to post some pics later on. Thanks in advance, OT

Heilicoils require very little extra material since it’s basically a wire, thread certs take more material but are preferred. Otherwise there’s always welding and redrill/tap.

davidwyby

Tree feller, axe handle breaker
GoldMember
Local time
1:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Stuff steel wool in to the side of the hole and thread er in