Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
4:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice work. Too bad it'll be under the car where nobody will see it.
Except people routinely look under cars, especially vintage muscle cars.
You'll see some of it anyway.
Not worried about the stainless getting covered in road grime, since it will only be driven on nice days.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice work. Changed from solid to flex H pipe? 2 sets of mufflers? I guess I'm old and confused.
The stainless shrank so much that I wasn’t able to bolt it up to the headders. So I had to cut the H pipe, close to the mains for the most adjustment, also trimmed the holes to each main perfectly, then fitted in the flex with another clamp. Now each side is basically independent and I’ll be doing the hangers next. I’ll pipe it out the rear once she decides on a rear valiance

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Flex was a good idea along with the quick disconnect clamp. It will save you dropping whole system for repairs. Engine under load always rolls side to side unless chained or solid motor mounted. Extra work//time but well worth the effort.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
1:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whachoo makin there ???
A mess! :p So far I have all the t-case seals, all the tranny seals, a throwout bearing, a set of non busted tail-light lenses, complete engine gasket set, header gaskets, and all the stuff I need to add a disconnect to the exhaust system on my truck. The idjits who built the exhaust welded all but 1 of the joints together, and that joint they aligned backwards so it leaks. I really don't want to drop the entire exhaust system every time I want to pull the engine so I'm going to add a set of flanges right where the 2-inch pipes start.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, an unexpected opportunity dropped into my lap, anyone here want a yellow clean-ish 1971 F250 4x4? I've got pretty much everything to fix it's last few issues on-hand, but a better more practical alternative at a very fair price has been offered to me and I've gotta jump on it. I'll get some pics and put it up on craigslist (and maybe marketplace) here soon but I figured I'd see if any of you guys wanted it first.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
3:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, an unexpected opportunity dropped into my lap, anyone here want a yellow clean-ish 1971 F250 4x4? I've got pretty much everything to fix it's last few issues on-hand, but a better more practical alternative at a very fair price has been offered to me and I've gotta jump on it. I'll get some pics and put it up on craigslist (and maybe marketplace) here soon but I figured I'd see if any of you guys wanted it first.

Well? What's this more practical vehicle that you speak?

Thanks for the heads up on your truck but I unfortunately already have a money pit to keep on the road!

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well? What's this more practical vehicle that you speak?

Thanks for the heads up on your truck but I unfortunately already have a money pit to keep on the road!
94 FZJ80 family rig that I’ve been wrenching on since the first day we got it (literally). My ol’ man is planning on upgrading his off-road rig and selling the Cruiser, and since I know it inside and out and learned how to wrench on it I just can’t say no. Plus, AWD, a locker, AC, and ~14mpg beats 4wd, no locker, no AC, and maybe 10mpg.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
3:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
94 FZJ80 family rig that I’ve been wrenching on since the first day we got it (literally). My ol’ man is planning on upgrading his off-road rig and selling the Cruiser, and since I know it inside and out and learned how to wrench on it I just can’t say no. Plus, AWD, a locker, AC, and ~14mpg beats 4wd, no locker, no AC, and maybe 10mpg.

Nice!

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had to wait for the rear valance panel to arrive. Got it lined up with the rear fender lines, still have to trim the trunk extensions and tie the trunk extension, fender, and valance panel together. For now, Klecko pins will hold it in place so I can get everything as best as I can before welding.

She chose the GT version with the cutouts, so I have to aim to get the exhaust up & over the bump stop height for rear axle clearance, then run both sides along the rear springs and end up with a 4" or 5" tip for each side of the 2.5 stainless exhaust pipingIMG_4848.JPG IMG_4849.JPG IMG_4850.JPG