High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
5:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to see that OPE forum is back up and running. Soon as it cools off I'll stack all that wood that she split. It's rather amazing how much faster it dries in a stack, especially atop pallets and crib stacked at the ends.

This wood was all buck cut in the winter and 80% was green. Splits that we made in early spring has dried fast enough for campfires. Campers have told me that once that fire is hot, they can burn and cook about anything.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I brought in a load of wood last week, got the small stuff processed yesterday with a fellow forum member, his boys and a friend of his. We each ended up with almost a cord.

Your friends need their brains checked. Who processes wood in 100 degree heat?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some "scrap" firewood I got from the carnage I attended last Saturday at my neighbors.
Everything that was "not nice" in any way, I reckon it will burn perfectly fine next winter.
Mostly beech and hornbeam, with a little bit of oak.
After unloading the trailer I'd estimate it to be at least 1 cubic meter worth stacked.
Most of it still needs to be further reduced in size.
DSC02894.JPG

I also got most of the noodles I made that day, will be great for chicken and rabbit bedding (second jumbo bag full to the left in the background).
DSC02897.JPG

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like I can resume processing logs for firewood in the morning. Afternoons are still dead hot and humid around here. Once that afternoon sun and humidity sets in, I'm a dead duck. A logger told me he likes to drive big 18-wheelers this time of the year rather than overheat his collection of Stihl MS 661C M-tronics.

Can't say that I blame him.

Last edited:

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like I can resume processing logs for firewood in the morning. Afternoons are still dead hot and humid around here. Once that afternoon sun and humidity sets in, I'm a dead duck. A logger told me he likes to drive big 18-wheelers this time of the year rather than overheat his collection of Stihl MS 661C M-tronics.

Can't say that I blame him.
I hear you on that.
I had a real close call to overheating last yr trying to harvest some laydowns.
Seemed like it took forever to cool down!
I'm out on cutting in heat/humidity.
Early mornings are not too bad or maybe right before dark, that's about it for me.

Cobus

“It’s just work”
Local time
3:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow! All in 1 day? How many guys cutting? Was this done by hand or was heavy equipment used?

Yes sir all in 1 day. And just me cuttin and yes all done by hand my friend! Just dad and I. 4 hours for this trip. Might be my best! And it’s a 1 1/2 drive to get there. We have some fun!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow. That's s lot of wood for just 1 guy.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow. That's s lot of wood for just 1 guy.
He did say "Just Dad and I". Dad could easily be 20 years younger than I am and much stronger. The logs look to be cut in 16" to 18" lengths and less that 12" dia. That's a great idea for loading.

But, there are so many of them. Even with two men working, it's a whale of a 1-day effort in my book!