High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
On the backroad drive to my cabin I found a nice sized birch dropped by a beaver,, so I used my 2071W to cut it. 20 inch bar is sure nice on that saw
Biggest birch I have seen here. On the stump if you zoom in is a spike on the right hand side,, the beaver almost got to chew it,, I did find another spike with my saw,, probably from a "No Firewood Cutting " sign.birch1.jpg birch2.jpg birch4.jpg

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
8:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm truly blessed to have the dump trailer that I got off of a friend for a deal I couldn't turn down. If/When I buy a new one (in 5-10) it WILL be a GN, and may opt for the gas engine power pack for dumping, as you can run it all day with no battery to run down, or extra charging circuit to run on the truck (beyond the small factory one). my 7x14 Diamond C has been amazing, and I'll only sell it if/when a GN replaces it, as they tow far better. Mine tows well for a bumper pull, but there's no beating a GN or a 5th Wheel, when real weight is involved...

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm truly blessed to have the dump trailer that I got off of a friend for a deal I couldn't turn down. If/When I buy a new one (in 5-10) it WILL be a GN, and may opt for the gas engine power pack for dumping, as you can run it all day with no battery to run down, or extra charging circuit to run on the truck (beyond the small factory one). my 7x14 Diamond C has been amazing, and I'll only sell it if/when a GN replaces it, as they tow far better. Mine tows well for a bumper pull, but there's no beating a GN or a 5th Wheel, when real weight is involved...
Yea dont know how we got a long as we did for as long as we did without it. They sure are handy. We have battery cables with snow plow connections in the boxes of all our trucks for wenches and the dump trailer. Those batteries on the trailer can be a pain in the ass. Seems like they’re always dead or not charging. This trailer needs heavier axles on it, we want to find a set of 10k dually axles for it. If I haul much over 8-8-1/2 ton of rock in it I start blowing tires

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I like the idea of a GN dump trailer or even a bumper pull dump trailer, but I have no way to load one. I load by hand and dump trailer sides are too high; even the floor is too high on most of them. You can get one with a drop axle but that is more expense and then you have trouble dumping.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yea dont know how we got a long as we did for as long as we did without it. They sure are handy. We have battery cables with snow plow connections in the boxes of all our trucks for wenches and the dump trailer. Those batteries on the trailer can be a pain in the ass. Seems like they’re always dead or not charging. This trailer needs heavier axles on it, we want to find a set of 10k dually axles for it. If I haul much over 8-8-1/2 ton of rock in it I start blowing tires
I thought about going heavier, but if I do, I'll need a 4500-5500 series truck to be comfortable with that. I've pulled 26K with my F-350 once, and won't do that again. 20K is about as far as I want to go, and 18K feels a lot better, especially given the amount of highway travel I do, and given how sue happy people have gotten, coupled with KDOT enforcement getting worse every year in the name of money... If it was just farm hauling, I wouldn't think twice. And, I got a 4 year old trailer with VERY little wear for about$1500 not counting the new tires and battery... I know what my buddy bought it for new (8K-ish), and that was a deal I couldn't turn down!

I like the idea of a GN dump trailer or even a bumper pull dump trailer, but I have no way to load one. I load by hand and dump trailer sides are too high; even the floor is too high on most of them. You can get one with a drop axle but that is more expense and then you have trouble dumping.
I definitely understand where you're at Thomas. If I didn't have my tractor, the dump trailer wouldn't be worth it, and I'd still be using the dolly. It's all puzzle pieces. Unfortunately, with the screws in my back and the other 3 discs going south, I'm not going to quit doing this, but I've had to become more careful and methodical in how I do it...

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought about going heavier, but if I do, I'll need a 4500-5500 series truck to be comfortable with that. I've pulled 26K with my F-350 once, and won't do that again. 20K is about as far as I want to go, and 18K feels a lot better, especially given the amount of highway travel I do, and given how sue happy people have gotten, coupled with KDOT enforcement getting worse every year in the name of money... If it was just farm hauling, I wouldn't think twice. And, I got a 4 year old trailer with VERY little wear for about$1500 not counting the new tires and battery... I know what my buddy bought it for new (8K-ish), and that was a deal I couldn't turn down!

I definitely understand where you're at Thomas. If I didn't have my tractor, the dump trailer wouldn't be worth it, and I'd still be using the dolly. It's all puzzle pieces. Unfortunately, with the screws in my back and the other 3 discs going south, I'm not going to quit doing this, but I've had to become more careful and methodical in how I do it...
That’s what we have is F-350’s. I’ve hauled way more than I’m supposed to a lot and have been real fortunate not to get pulled over. Believe me if I could keep tires on it I’d be hauling more, the quarry is only 7 miles away. I had 14 ton in it the first time I used it, blew 2 tires and tweaked the axle in the process, that was DUMB! On my part. Pulling it doesn’t bother me but like u say too many idiots and stopping for them is the problem!
No way would I load that with by hand with wood, my goal is to only handle the wood as little as possible, we use skid loaders and loader tractors as much as possible so Thomas I know what you’re talking about.
I don’t care for bumper pull trailers other than for small lighter loads, hard to get them to pull descent it seems

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They can tow well, but when it's 12K or more, I prefer GN or 5th Wheel. Plus you can jack-knife if needed. 20170825_152251.jpg
This is my Tow pig...

20180704_185053.jpg
This was the too' much load (about 60 tops)...

20191124_134056.jpg
And that's my Diamond C attached to Dad's F-350, with my tractor in the background and the buddy beside the trailer who I got them both from. With the empty weight, I basically have a 5K useful load before I'm testing the axles and tires... I'd like to try a GN, 19.5 rimmed version of this eventually with Hyd Disc brakes, and torsion axles at a 16-18K rating. That would be about perfect. More than that would be CDL territory.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They can tow well, but when it's 12K or more, I prefer GN or 5th Wheel. Plus you can jack-knife if needed. View attachment 270086
This is my Tow pig...

View attachment 270087
This was the too' much load (about 60 tops)...

View attachment 270088
And that's my Diamond C attached to Dad's F-350, with my tractor in the background and the buddy beside the trailer who I got them both from. With the empty weight, I basically have a 5K useful load before I'm testing the axles and tires... I'd like to try a GN, 19.5 rimmed version of this eventually with Hyd Disc brakes, and torsion axles at a 16-18K rating. That would be about perfect. More than that would be CDL territory.

What load range are those tires on the trailer. They look like E and you can get 16” in load range G or H. Hell I got G in 15 on my car/skid trailer. Well worth the money

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They're F or G I believe. I'll have to look, but they're a step or two beyond E's. When I put them on the cost difference wasn't a lot, so I said the hell with it. They might actually be H's if there isn't an F...

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wasn't certain the old Fergy would pull that log up closer to the splitter .Log tongs are really too small I could only lift it about 1 inch but it was enough to put weight on the rear tires so they didn't spin .The log was in the neighborhood of 3500 pounds

Attachments

• DSCN0851[1].JPG
    DSCN0851[1].JPG
    405.8 KB · Views: 42

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Firewood ,saws are involved .This was just a test to which old Swede gets the brass ring . Husqvarna 2100 CD vs . McCulloch version of a P-100 Partner .Both 99 cc both with 20" bars and freshly filed chains shag bark hickory about 21 ".
It was pretty much a dead heat quite frankly .Both have oodles of power Both set just a tad rich on purpose .

Attachments

• DSCN0860[1].JPG
    DSCN0860[1].JPG
    397 KB · Views: 27

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is part of the first log ,a 20 footer .As soon as I get the second log split I'll break out the big guns ,avatar saw 2100S Homelite ,Mac 125 and Stihl 084 .These will all be with long bars because I have no short bars for them .

Attachments

• DSCN0861[1].JPG
    DSCN0861[1].JPG
    342.5 KB · Views: 32

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! What kind of tree? One heck of a load on that truck

Cobus

“It’s just work”
Local time
6:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! What kind of tree? One heck of a load on that truck
For the most part I cut lodgepole. That was 3 cord total. Actually a little over because it was heaped. But... I went across the scales at 18k lbs and that wood was all dry and ready to burn! That was my 42nd cord for the year. Hopefully I can beat that this year.