High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Remman

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The family cabin burnt down and was just rebuilt. This is one of the piles I'm working on from all the damaged trees from the fire. This is one of 3 piles which means lots of work and plenty of firewood for the future. They have been stacked for a little over 2 years at this point.

rhYcJKT.jpg

Where I got before the snow flew. Already had burnt at least a chord or so when the picture was took.
G2UFMGj.jpg

8DNleXr.jpg

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
9:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love it when OTHER people screw up. Earlier in the week I got to talk to the local landowner that owns the mountain above me where I cut. Some bear hunters had run amok with the permission he had given them. They were only allowed to put a bait barrel at the top and check it on occasion. Ran their sxs and four wheelers all over the place, set various traps out(not even bear traps), and generally abused their opportunity. He is removing their access and limiting those who can access the property. I'm still in. He had asked if the road where we stopped cutting in the fall was accessible for his son and grandkids to ride on. I told him we hoped to get back out there soon, but less than 400 yards out we had stopped. My son and I walked out the road again yesterday and marked the trees we would initially drop. Probably walked out another 600-800 yds and only marked trees on the downhill side of the road. Ended up marking approximately 50 trees, most of which were locust. Some were break offs, others so-so. There may be a decent amount on the high side we haven't seen. Either way, this will end up being a much larger pile of sticks than I was expecting. Hopefully cleaning off the road won't take more than an hour or two, win-win for me and the landowner. I'll add a pic or two in a few.

Mr Awesome

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20210127_174753073.jpg IMG_20210127_173917293.jpg

First pic is a locust, 24-28" range, four more just below it. The next shows a part of the road bed we need to clean up and our semi camouflaged watch dog. She is old and still loves to get out with us, sit down, and just watch us. She is an awesome and friendly animal.

The pics don't show how steep it is in places, but the winch doesn't care, only the 15 yr old choking logs and running cable.

Mr Awesome

Big_6

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might have to hold a Northeast NJ backyard GTG!
All you Sawyers locked down during these times could get outta the house and fell these 8) dead trees! Cookies for all!
Angelo could put an edge on your round chain and the Doc could mend your sick saws!
3773deefa363c4a9537f8de0f9cd47d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
5501.jpeg

We cleared the road of all the overgrowth yesterday. Then got into dropping some of the locusts where we stopped. Got six down. Left two nice ones, both were covered from top to bottom with loads of poison ivy. Just not worth it. We would have continued, but it seemed to be getting cooler and we decided to pack up. Got off the mtn and 20 minutes later the snow started. Will get up there when we have a few days of good weather's forecast.

Mr Awesome

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20210206_114206562.jpg

Picked this up yesterday at Spencer Trailer in Spencer, In. Drove 500 miles to get it home last night. I've waited years to get a good dump trailer. This one is 16' long in the bed because I wanted to be able to load the tractor in it. Telescopic cylinder, 7ga body, lots of nice HD touches. Fisher said we should make a load of locust the first in it......not gravel to fix the driveway.

Mr Awesome

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 281630

Picked this up yesterday at Spencer Trailer in Spencer, In. Drove 500 miles to get it home last night. I've waited years to get a good dump trailer. This one is 16' long in the bed because I wanted to be able to load the tractor in it. Telescopic cylinder, 7ga body, lots of nice HD touches. Fisher said we should make a load of locust the first in it......not gravel to fix the driveway.

Mr Awesome

Don't scratch the paint! ;)

Ontario Firewood Resource

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey figured this site needs a thread for the firewood collectors.......I know I always have atleast 2-3 spots I can cut in at any given time.... Well I got a load of this shagbark hickory today..... Hopefully everyone else can post pictures of there spots too!!!!View attachment 24590

Shagbark hickory, high grade! hardly any in Toronto, I know a park with a few and saw one just out of town but Ive never had any in 10 uears of colecting wood from tree cutters. I have had bitternut hickory half a dozen times and sell it for smoker wood, almost out of my personal suppply that I use to ad smoke flavour when BBQing