farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found out that I didn’t have a loop of 70dl chain to match the bar I have. I spun up a loop of Holzfforma chain and now she is ready for some test cuts. Hopefully I can get back to get another load of ash yet this week and make a test cut vid. Once I’m satisfied with it, I will be listing this one for sale.image.jpg

farminkarman

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, I forgot to grab a picture of that part though.
It probably would be worth taking it back off and showing a picture....then again, I think there are some pics floating around here on OPE showing the governor hole getting plugged with epoxy.

Last edited:

farminkarman

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since it is quick task of taking the carb back off, I’m going to show what @Mastermind called the “governor” fuel feed on the main nozzle. On the bottom of the brass colored main nozzle, there is a small fuel feed hole. In order to have full mixture control on the high-speed circuit, this feed hole needs to be eliminated. You could probably get away with just applying epoxy to the bottom of the nozzle, but I wanted something more permanent. I drove the nozzle out, and carefully soldered the hole shut. If you removed the check valve, you wouldn’t have to worry about it getting hot and ruining it. Unlike some nozzles that have a 360 notch, this one does not. That means you have to make sure you re-install the nozzle in the correct orientation or you won’t get fuel on the high circuit. As others have documented, it might just be better to plan ahead and have a ms361 main nozzle to swap in and be done.
IMG_8115.jpeg

farminkarman

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Updates? Thanks for doing this detailed thread, my father in law has one of these and I am trying to convince him to get it ported.
Well, not sure what happened. I didn't get any notification that posts were added to this thread. So quick update. I took the saw out two weeks ago to finish cutting a load of ash. The saw ran really well for about 10 shorter cuts (like 12" wood). The saw wasn't getting a solid 4-stroke out of the cut after warming up, so I opened the high jet a little. The very next cut I lost my fuel on the high jet....saw starts & idles but will completely die when you open the throttle. I am figuring I fubared the main nozzle, so I ordered a different one. I have been working shifts this week, so hoping to swap the nozzle out this weekend and see if it fixes the issue.

Last edited:

farminkarman

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This morning I pulled the carb and drove out the original nozzle. I replaced it with Walbro P/N: 86-578-1. I fired the saw up and it tuned fine at 13.6K in the shop. Hopefully I can get a log setup and make a video.

IMG_8203.jpegIMG_8204.jpeg

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag