Echo 620p FKWS Build

EFSM

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The inner baffle holes on the 620 muffler are much larger than the 590 to start with. I drill a bunch of small holes in the flat area facing across from the pipe.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The inner baffle holes on the 620 muffler are much larger than the 590 to start with. I drill a bunch of small holes in the flat area facing across from the pipe.
On the first 590 I did, I opened up that area opposite of the pipe. The saw was louder than I like, so this is how I have done the last couple.

Last edited:

Catfishclark89

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ideally a person could split the muffler apart, gut it, and braze/weld it back together. I have been warned to not do it, so taking other’s advice, I don’t.
I have cut one apart (and put it back together). The trouble is you have to cut the back plate out as well to get it apart due to the bolt hole liners connecting the front and back of the muffler. I did manage to gut the sucker and tig it all back together but if I ever done another one I’d just cut out some under the factory deflector.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are these similar to a dolmar 6100 in size and weight? I’ve never even seen one around these parts. I’m sure Home Depot has them but I rarely go to one.

Catfishclark89

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are these similar to a dolmar 6100 in size and weight? I’ve never even seen one around these parts. I’m sure Home Depot has them but I rarely go to one.
Yes they are comparable the echo weighs in at advertised 13.67lbs the Makita (Dolmar) 13.2. Makita 61cc the echo right at 60cc. Makita advertises 4.6hp while the Echo is stated at 4.5hp. I’ve owned both. The Echo is physically bigger by a little bit. The Makita a little more sleek. Both good running saws. I like the aluminum or magnesium clutch cover of the Echo vs the plastic of the Makita.

ZERO

Simple Life
GoldMember
Local time
8:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On top.....where that pipe comes out, we open a hole on either side of that recess to add outlet area. That helps it not to be super loud, but still flows plenty.

Randy super loud and angry is how we like them!

To scare off the North Woods sasquatch ... of course.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After putting the carb back on and the covers, that pretty much wraps up this build. Being that I did this build different, I’m gonna test it first before I decide to try a timing advance. image.jpg