High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Dogging in vs self feeding - Tooth length too! The truth of it.

mainer_in_ak

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm gonna put a magnum decal on my next stump grinder rental, so dmn manly. Suspenders no belt.....

power-king-stump-grinders-pk0803-h-76-600.jpg

Skiptooth Fred

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm surprised with comments about the 660 oil pump. I rebuild one last year with the high output pump and at max it drains the oil tank well before it runs out of fuel. I run it with a 25" hard nose bar and swap between 3/8 FC and 404 semi depending on what I'm cutting and can't complain about it's performance.

Now the 661 on the other hand, that was a POS. Never again.
Yep they need that pump it should be stock👍

Squish9

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep they need that pump it should be stock👍
I thought all the AU spec ones did? It not my favourite saw by any means but the dual port muffler, HO oil pump and HD2 with the pre filter makes them well suited to most of the work I do.

I prefer to run a 7900 or the 288 clone but I can't knock the 660's ability stand up to use in hard, dry wood.

Skiptooth Fred

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought all the AU spec ones did? It not my favourite saw by any means but the dual port muffler, HO oil pump and HD2 with the pre filter makes them well suited to most of the work I do.

I prefer to run a 7900 or the 288 clone but I can't knock the 660's ability stand up to use in hard, dry wood.
Not any i have used had hd oiler, pre-filter is a required evil, i clean filter every tank of fuel its a shocker for sucking dust quick, made my own pre filters, as you’d know they are hard on fuel too.

bogieboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm surprised with comments about the 660 oil pump. I rebuild one last year with the high output pump and at max it drains the oil tank well before it runs out of fuel. I run it with a 25" hard nose bar and swap between 3/8 FC and 404 semi depending on what I'm cutting and can't complain about it's performance.

Now the 661 on the other hand, that was a POS. Never again.
Did you knock the limiter plug in on the 661? Have 0 complaints on my 661, either 36" 3/8, or 32" 404...

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A husq 395 running .404 won't need to be babied through the cut with a tiny bar, has an outboard clutch and a filthy-good oiler.....
Who's that dude is he new to saws or something? And what's so great about that saw? looks like 3/8 chain and it bogged stalled the chain a couple times I thought that was impossible with a husky? if it took me that long doing a couple bucking cut's on a soft gum like that and all the farting about I'd starve to death 😆

Last edited:

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try a 395 out. Never too late to pull yer head out of stihl's azhole......
Calm down... I don’t care what saws you own and I don’t care what saws anyone on the internet own.. run whatever they want.
And I sure don't go around having a meltdown someone isn't running the same saw/saws as me lol
What's the world coming to men have turned into over emotional hormonal fruitloops.

mainer_in_ak

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Purely a joke bud, all smiles on my end. But my appologies, I'll be more mindful about poking fun about the "100% Stihl and only Stihl" kinda mindset.....

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where's my blankie someone on the internet runs different brand saws to me. I won't be able to sleep tonight I'm so upset 😆

mainer_in_ak

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rogue60, I'm right there with yah. I could care less who runs what saws. Its very common up here in Alaska where there are quite a few Alaskans who have no clue about other brands of saws than their stihls that daddy taught them about. It's like they can't even develop their own mechanical understanding of saws beyond what they were handed. I can do nothing but laugh.......

Oh sht, its almost September in Alaska! Why am i talking about fairweather driftwood with stihl fan girls?!

I don't want to run a saw the entire hunting season, fkn laughin!.......

IMG-7456.jpg

DSC-0251.jpg

Last edited: