Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put it close to the house. You'll want to be able to take breaks in the AC!
Oh....I've been using that right angle I got from you just to do bevels for a good while now. I ground the collet edges and the corners of the head down some to make it fit more better. No problems at all. Seems like it will last forever.

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The way it coats the inside of the muffler with goop is why I hate it. Imagine trying to get the steel shavings out of a closed style muffler after doing a muffler mod with tar inside of it. That's what I've encountered too many times to be ok with any oil that leaves such a mess behind.
I ran 3 gallons of RA at 25:1 and didn’t get those results on the 2 saws I ran it in. I was unscientifically testing Dom and RA to see which oil cleaned up carbon better. Dominator nor RA at 25:1 cleaned up internally dirty saws, so I splashed them with Techron and the carbon started washing off. After that discovery I am running 1 ounce of Techron per gallon in all my OPE gas mixed or otherwise now.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran 3 gallons of RA at 25:1 and didn’t get those results on the 2 saws I ran it in. I was unscientifically testing Dom and RA to see which oil cleaned up carbon better. Dominator nor RA at 25:1 cleaned up internally dirty saws, so I splashed them with Techron and the carbon started washing off. After that discovery I am running 1 ounce of Techron per gallon in all my OPE gas mixed or otherwise now.
What is Techron?

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A couple before and after pics, again nothing 2 scientific, but cleaning results fairly quick just adding Techron.

First saw is a 1995 55 that has run every oil under the sun a splash less than a gallon to a gallon mix bottle.

IMG_0244.jpegIMG_0392.jpeg

1987 268XP that I bought used with zero history, obviously the owner maintained but have no clue what oil or ratio he used.

IMG_0354.jpegIMG_0380.jpeg

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
6:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh....I've been using that right angle I got from you just to do bevels for a good while now. I ground the collet edges and the corners of the head down some to make it fit more better. No problems at all. Seems like it will last forever.

Yeah, those China RA's seem to be built tough. But they spin pretty slow and they are pretty bulky.