Dallas Fundraiser

Jusgunn3

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Woodrow I have some bullets that I could put in the raffle but the winner would need to reload as I have just projectiles. Not sure if it makes sense but could be a good item. Maybe its a few hundred 9mm,40 cal, 30 cal, etc…

Last edited:

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, you mastered the multi quote, but show me where Larry said you were an English teacher.

He typed teacher. Which does not imply any specific subject. Simply obey who teaches others.
You betcha
Keep correcting folks on useless chit.

Reactions: Lnk

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If a picture is worth a 1,000 words, what's a meme worth, 2,000 words.

Memes get my point across faster.

Here is a 4 second video
............. if you can pay attention that long.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey @Bill G. I sure wish you would apply your talking skills on drumming up some interest for this waffle. All your bs is actually dragging this thread down. It is actually affecting this thread in a negative way. Guys don't want to get side tracked from the root cause of this thread.
Well then how about this @timg
On Friday night Illinois plays Nebraska. I will pledge $1 for every point Illinois scores and a member in Nebraska matches it with $1 for every point Nebraska scores. That is a win for all.

If Illinois played Iowa this year I would do the same but they do not play
Illinois does not play Michigan until October 19 so that is out.
They do not play Indiana so that is out
THANK the lord we do not play THE Ohio State University

Any Nebraska residents in?

Last edited:

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The best thing the only English teacher ever taught me was: it's acceptable to break the rules/standards if you understand you're doing it and for what reason.
The best lesson my English teacher Barb, gave us was ....do not chisel plow all night and end up falling asleep. It ends with the tractor in the drainage ditch.

Her husband was a bit upset but never swore in his life.

He used proper English though.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did anyone sit with you in the faculty lounge at lunch time ?
I have no idea, never went. I was too busy with things that actually mattered.

Last edited:

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^^^^This^^^^
Funny I thought I PM'd you some thoughts to increase the actual return to @dall but I guess my English was not correct.

I guess I will make it more clear but of course my English and grammar might be a bit "hillbilly". I believe the intent of this thread was to help out a great guy and try to offset some bills that our *B-S.... insurance system should cover. I want to be clear the intent was and still is genuine. I am not in any way criticizing anyone involved at all. The fact is this has snowballed into a competition of who will donate more prizes and the value of such. That is great but sadly the ticket buying audience is not large enough to support the the total prize value. This is a great site but it still has a limited number of active members. I would gladly donate a saw but in all honesty I ask, would it increase ticket sales? Anyone think so? I commend each and every single person that has donated items. My hat is off to each of you. The same for every member who has bought tickets. I will be buying tickets but I am weighing how many I can afford to buy myself. With that being said in looking at the "prize package" It would be easier for me to justify paying @Steve his original asking price on the Makita. He is a stand-up guy and donated it to the raffle but if I or someone else was to pay for it outright with all proceeds going to @dall would that not be better? I could go down the list but it is extensive as we all know. I know another item that stood out was a 044. Those saws are near and dear to me and I would pay well for one when I knew the proceeds were going to @dall.

Now some may ask why don't I just buy $500 or $1000 in raffle tickets. I will gladly answer that. I do not gamble that type of money. I buy sure things. I can donate physical items or purchase physical items when the money is going to a great cause but to toss large sums of cash in on games of chance is not in my blood. I can and will buy some tickets but not to the tune of what I would pay for a sure thing in a benefit auction.

Go ahead blast me but I am betting I am not alone.