Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
3:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well then how about this @timg
On Friday night Illinois plays Nebraska. I will pledge $1 for every point Illinois scores and a member in Nebraska matches it with $1 for every point Nebraska scores. That is a win for all.

If Illinois played Iowa this year I would do the same but they do not play
Illinois does not play Michigan until October 19 so that is out.
They do not play Indiana so that is out
THANK the lord we do not play THE Ohio State University

Any Nebraska residents in?
That's a good start @Bill G. Even if there are no Nebraska OPE members, you can play solo. Just round the point total up to the next tenths(21 points $30) for the waffle to be fair to you. Unless this is a cash donation prize? What are you thinking? Thanks for the pledge.

Last edited:

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny I thought I PM'd you some thoughts to increase the actual return to @dall but I guess my English was not correct.

I guess I will make it more clear but of course my English and grammar might be a bit "hillbilly". I believe the intent of this thread was to help out a great guy and try to offset some bills that our *B-S.... insurance system should cover. I want to be clear the intent was and still is genuine. I am not in any way criticizing anyone involved at all. The fact is this has snowballed into a competition of who will donate more prizes and the value of such. That is great but sadly the ticket buying audience is not large enough to support the the total prize value. This is a great site but it still has a limited number of active members. I would gladly donate a saw but in all honesty I ask, would it increase ticket sales? Anyone think so? I commend each and every single person that has donated items. My hat is off to each of you. The same for every member who has bought tickets. I will be buying tickets but I am weighing how many I can afford to buy myself. With that being said in looking at the "prize package" It would be easier for me to justify paying @Steve his original asking price on the Makita. He is a stand-up guy and donated it to the raffle but if I or someone else was to pay for it outright with all proceeds going to @dall would that not be better? I could go down the list but it is extensive as we all know. I know another item that stood out was a 044. Those saws are near and dear to me and I would pay well for one when I knew the proceeds were going to @dall.

Now some may ask why don't I just buy $500 or $1000 in raffle tickets. I will gladly answer that. I do not gamble that type of money. I buy sure things. I can donate physical items or purchase physical items when the money is going to a great cause but to toss large sums of cash in on games of chance is not in my blood. I can and will buy some tickets but not to the tune of what I would pay for a sure thing in a benefit auction.

Go ahead blast me but I am betting I am not alone.

Bill, if you still would like to purchase the 6100 outright I would donate 100% of it to our cause.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve held back long enough. @Bill G , I hope you are able to take a step back and see why some are getting after you in this thread. I don’t doubt at all your vast life experiences. Some are fun to read about, some are not. This thread however, is not the place to discuss them. You have taken this thread so far off topic, it’s not even funny. You have been answering people about a plethora of topics as if this was your own personal thread. In reality, you, unlike 99% of us on this site, actually do have your own thread to ramble on about whatever you want to talk/type about.. It’s really poor form, in this thread, to answer to every single person that posts about something you can relate to. Now, let’s get back on track, and stay there, shall we? Thank you.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve held back long enough. @Bill G , I hope you are able to take a step back and see why some are getting after you in this thread. I don’t doubt at all your vast life experiences. Some are fun to read about, some are not. This thread however, is not the place to discuss them. You have taken this thread so far off topic, it’s not even funny. You have been answering people about a plethora of topics as if this was your own personal thread. In reality, you, unlike 99% of us on this site, actually do have your own thread to ramble on about whatever you want to talk/type about.. It’s really poor form, in this thread, to answer to every single person that posts about something you can relate to. Now, let’s get back on track, and stay there, shall we? Thank you.
Well said Andy.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
#thesaurusincoming

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This thread that was formerly about getting our good buddy Dallas some funding to get well and whole again, is losing its way here.
Historically speaking it's been a proven vehicle to achieve said goal. Times are tough it may take some time to catch folks with some extra funds available to them to donate.
What it doesn't need is:
1 Massive amounts of clutter for the administrator to sift through keeping track of prizes and donations.
2 New management, Dan has proven himself to do a fine job at this as thankless as it may be, he's one of the most detail orientated people I know.
3 A new venue, as previously said, this is not broken and doesn't need fixing.
4 Cheaper prizes, Dallas is the most generous person I know and has helped me and everyone else around here immensely, so when I picked something out it was the best I had at the time, because he's worth it and this is not about one upping the other donators, it's about helping a good friend.
5 30 pages of one man's crap to read.
What it does need:
1 A little patience.
2 A tad more kindness.
3 A bit more time
4 A bunch more money
5 Well wishes for Dallas
6 Some Kudos to Dan for spending his time here

Hopefully we can come together one way or the other and right this ship. It should be something we are all enjoying.

Oh, and Bill G, GFY already.

Last edited:

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's how I always paid him to pop my back pimples, he never complained.

And here I thought it was all about that article in "West Virginia is for lovers digest" that raved about how there's a guy in Grafton who gives the best hugs.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
This thread that was formerly about getting our good buddy Dallas some funding to get well and whole again, is losing its way here.
Historically speaking it's been a proven vehicle to achieve said goal. Times are tough it may take some time to catch folks with some extra funds available to them to donate.
What it doesn't need is:
1 Massive amounts of clutter for the administrator to sift through keeping track of prizes and donations.
2 New management, Dan has proven himself to do a fine job at this as thankless as it may be, he's one of the most detail orientated people I know.
3 A new venue, as previously said, this is not broken and doesn't need fixing.
4 Cheaper prizes, Dallas is the most generous person I know and has helped me and everyone else around here immensely, so when I picked something out it was the best I had at the time, because he's worth it and this is not about one upping the other donators, it's about helping a good friend.
5 30 pages of one man's crap to read.
What it does need:
1 A little patience.
2 A tad more kindness.
3 A bit more time
4 A bunch more money
5 Well wishes for Dallas
6 Some Kudos to Dan for spending his time here

Hopefully we can come together one way or the other and right this ship. It should be something we are all enjoying.

Oh, and Bill G, GFY already.
Well said Steve. Thanks

hacskaroly

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What it doesn't need is:
2. New management, Dan has proven himself to do a fine job at this as thankless as it may be, he's one of the most detail orientated people I know.

What it does need:
5. Well wishes for Dallas
6. Some Kudos to Dan for spending his time here
I appreciate all that Dan is doing to keep everything straight - at times it seems that he is herding cats and a bucket of mice gets dumped in the middle of it all.

And for Dallas, hopefully the treatments are going well and you are feeling improvement, not just immediate, but good lasting results too!!

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I appreciate all that Dan is doing to keep everything straight - at times it seems that he is herding cats and a bucket of mice gets dumped in the middle of it all.

And for Dallas, hopefully the treatments are going well and you are feeling improvement, not just immediate, but good lasting results too!!
Dan is a very busy man with work and his regular life stuff and I appreciate everything he’s done

As for me the Dr says 2 weeks recovery it’s not a instant relief thing like the temporary test shots of lidocaine
These are the first time I’ve had them done so just learning what to expect
I still don’t have the tingling in the toes like I did so that’s a good thing
I’ve had some miserable times since last Oct/nov

Thank you everyone

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just noticed the back end of the 044 tank at the handle is broken. Don’t know if it happened in shipping or what. I can hunt through my stash and see if I have anything a little more usable.

***Edit***
Found a better tank

IMG_7991.jpeg

Last edited:

hacskaroly

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still don’t have the tingling in the toes like I did so that’s a good thing
I am 6' 8" and have some back problems (no where near as bad as yours). Some sciatica issues resulting in a couple of numb toes. At times it feels like my lower back needs to pop and won't, usually resulting in issues with numbness going down my entire left leg. Makes it fun to walk with a bit of drop foot...long ways to fall when I trip.

I am glad that the tingling is letting up for you some!