Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
12:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know high performance machine always start better when the owner starts them. Once you figure out the little idiosyncrasies it becomes second nature.
The lack of a high idle setting is annoying

I know you and Jason both said its ok to post it but just to keep it fair, you can post it up when you get it. Eric is sending it directly to you anyway. All I have is video and pictures.
Understood Sir !
Thank you and Mel for putting this together !
The rain certainly wasn't appreciated, but all you men got it done and it looks like it was a great time. I hope to make next years !!!

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will try to get vids and pics. Mothers day is a big damper on that. We may be going to Newport today if that happens it may be this Eve before I can do the posts. I need to weed out crap vids before upload. Pics I can prob do quick before we leave.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The lack of a high idle setting is annoying

Understood Sir !
Thank you and Mel for putting this together !
The rain certainly wasn't appreciated, but all you men got it done and it looks like it was a great time. I hope to make next years !!!
I can't wait to meet you. It's a pleasure being in the company of others who seek greatness, whether with saws or other aspects of life!

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Raining again... Cleanup will have to wait...
b1f145dada60d330587d6afe276be1c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve, your event was different that this one, but that was not a criticism. Both formats have advantages & disadvantages, but it was probably a good thing they were not both the same, I did not get bored. The array of unusual equipment at your GTG was stunning! Was like going to a museum and a GTG at the same time.

Dan, that is a MMWS 362, and it dynoed well, those 262s were animals, which is why I was hoping one of them would have been dynoed. I think we run so many great running saws we almost loose sight of what a normal saw runs like (until you put that one in Al's hands).

I posted a long time ago (we were all still on another site) that with all the talk of the dp muffler covers on the 044, putting the HD-2 filter on my saw made even a bigger difference. Also, the other guy with the dyno reported that he got the same Hp on a saw with both the HD-2 and Max Flo, but later I saw that contradicted on other saws, so it may depend on the individual saw.

Both my 044#1 & MS440 produced very good dyno #s, and neither saw is ported. I will share the results when I get them. In addition to the above, both saws have a timing advance and base gasket delete. Although truth be known, with all the rain we had last week I did not get to clean the air filters on any of my saws before this event, something I almost always do. None of them have that much time on them, but clean would have to be a bit better. My MMWS 044 had a very broad power band, looked like a plateau, very impressive!

Bill, your 12 mm 044 also tested very well, even w/o the timing advance and base gasket delete, so most of the power to be gained in in the other mods. Forgot to ask you what filter you are running on that saw?

Like others have said, this dyno creates a great learning experience, and the more info we put in, the better the knowledge base. For example, I have seen some mediocre running 440s. Did my mods make the difference, or did I just get lucky and get a saw with good porting???