PAST 2020 CT GTG April 18 (CANCELED)

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No kidding -- that's cool from Ashby. I've been to Ashby to help a friend who bought some property there that needed to take down some trees.

Will keep you guys in mind if we do another mini GTG of sorts... I've had guys at my house when we did some dyno runs and twice I've had some of the boys up for a firewood cut for our maple sugaring boiler. Picture from 2018 right here in Lancaster, MA:

Left to right: RI Chevy, malk315, wcorey, SOS Ridgerider, paragonbuilder, huskyboy's dad, huskyboy

Jeff, Eric, Bill, Sondre, Dan, Daryl, and Mason.

img_1934-jpg.127284
I'd be in for a mini gtg too

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yuze guyz might need 2 or 3 Hooskie tables. Be sure to set up 6 feet apart to be compliant and stuff. Just sayin.

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't need no stinkin' table, and my Hooskies don't need no fixin, just need to run em. Looks like Monday is my last day of work for a while so I'll need to keep busy!

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So at yesterday's tree job we finally scored a possible "you suck" deal.

It was a real estate office w/ large lot and I believe the prior owner allowed a tree company to park equipment there.
Tree company is gone and the owner asked I was interested in chains he has no use for -- I said happy to take a look expecting them hanging on the wall or something.

Every chain in a box Husky branded chains -- excatly what we use. 73LGX Husky branded oregon chains. These are 3/8 x 0.058. Every chain in a box marked w/ drive link cound. Several 73LGX072,084,115. Many many 20 and 24" bar length chains.

I inspected several to find every on of them it appears they were used brand new until dull or perhaps sharpened once or twice but the depth gauges never filed down. Tons of life left on the cutters we could easily put an edge on these and go.

Two big boxes of chain loops all labelled and in their original Husky box -- pretty clear they bought these from local husky dealer. I did an estimate and it's between 75 and 100 chains. Score!

We can use the 20 and 24" loops right away. we don't have bars that take 115 drive link -- only 105 drive link for 32" on my 385.

This type of stuff never happens to us... these will last us for a looooong time.
If we decide to sell any on the super cheap you guys will be first to know or they could make some good donations to a good cause since they didn't cost us anything. Don't mind paying it forward.

Cheers!

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

It was a real estate office w/ large lot and I believe the prior owner allowed a tree company to park equipment there.
Tree company is gone and the owner asked I was interested in chains he has no use for -- I said happy to take a look expecting them hanging on the wall or something.

Every chain in a box Husky branded chains -- excatly what we use. 73LGX Husky branded oregon chains. These are 3/8 x 0.058. Every chain in a box marked w/ drive link cound. Several 73LGX072,084,115. Many many 20 and 24" bar length chains.

I inspected several to find every on of them it appears they were used brand new until dull or perhaps sharpened once or twice but the depth gauges never filed down. Tons of life left on the cutters we could easily put an edge on these and go.

Two big boxes of chain loops all labelled and in their original Husky box -- pretty clear they bought these from local husky dealer. I did an estimate and it's between 75 and 100 chains. Score!

We can use the 20 and 24" loops right away. we don't have bars that take 115 drive link -- only 105 drive link for 32" on my 385.

This type of stuff never happens to us... these will last us for a looooong time.
If we decide to sell any on the super cheap you guys will be first to know or they could make some good donations to a good cause since they didn't cost us anything. Don't mind paying it forward.

Cheers!
yup.... you suck
cut them down in to smaller chains ifn have to. worth buying a spinner/breaker and some links being they are all the same

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The photo is broken.

Check it out again -- I used the upload option instead of "paste" and then inserted so it shows up as in-line and attachment. I'm guessing you will be able to see the photo now. I blame tapatalk on that one -- on the web as long as you are logged in, the photo is visible.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome Eric.
What size bar is 115dl?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I bought my 036, I got 10 chains with it. They were used til dull, then hung up. Guy never bought a file, just bought new chains. Lol

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I bought my 036, I got 10 chains with it. They were used til dull, then hung up. Guy never bought a file, just bought new chains. Lol
Yup... That's what these guys appeared to do... Tree service... Yikes. I checked and 115 DL is for 36" bar husky such as 395.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Since we don't have a saw that takes 115 drive link... excuse to get a saw and bar that does LOL.
What (ph and bar) do you guys "stump" with ? I can't get the crews down here to go ms 880 with "36+ in .404...they'd rather me just keep rebuilding 661/660 for them. Silly. Finally got one crew to go 395/36/.404 but the phead keeps losing screws (no joke) 6 months old. Keeps going back to shop for new screws.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What (ph and bar) do you guys "stump" with ? I can't get the crews down here to go ms 880 with "36+ in .404...they'd rather me just keep rebuilding 661/660 for them. Silly. Finally got one crew to go 395/36/.404 but the phead keeps losing screws (no joke) 6 months old. Keeps going back to shop for new screws.

I use my 385 w/ 32" bar 063" and 75JGX105 skip chain. This is why we had Mike Lee build this saw for lugging.

There's only one stump we didn't cut flush because it was a massive massive willow and it was not something to even attempt w/ what we have. For that one I was tempted to contact Lee to see if he was up to the challenge as 48"+ bar needed for that thing!

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check it out again -- I used the upload option instead of "paste" and then inserted so it shows up as in-line and attachment. I'm guessing you will be able to see the photo now. I blame tapatalk on that one -- on the web as long as you are logged in, the photo is visible.
It's working on Tapatalk and Firefox mobile now.

simsponsawshop

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
yup.... you suck
cut them down in to smaller chains ifn have to. worth buying a spinner/breaker and some links being they are all the same

Cheers!
I have a spinner breaker over here in Townsend if you ever want to shorten any of them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I use my 385 w/ 32" bar 063" and 75JGX105 skip chain. This is why we had Mike Lee build this saw for lugging.

There's only one stump we didn't cut flush because it was a massive massive willow and it was not something to even attempt w/ what we have. For that one I was tempted to contact Lee to see if he was up to the challenge as 48"+ bar needed for that thing!
Uncle Lee's got plenty o Merican Muscle saw action..

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yuze guyz might need 2 or 3 Hooskie tables. Be sure to set up 6 feet apart to be compliant and stuff. Just sayin.

No tables for me. My Dollies, Mccullochs, and Homies are immune to this chit. That why i been
hangin in the garage next to all of em so i hope not to get it.