Clint's Hybrid

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the best balancing rigs ive picked up is Johns 661r with a Stihl 32 es light20160116_073326.jpg
On the 241's are you pulling the jug and carb assembly off in one piece?
I dont. I loosen the ignition and the self tappers in the bottom of the airfilter housing and pull it off the intake manifold and the cylinder and manifold comes off with 4 bolts

foragefarmer

70cc groupie
Local time
1:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the best balancing rigs ive picked up is Johns 661r with a Stihl 32 es lightView attachment 4478

I dont. I loosen the ignition and the self tappers in the bottom of the airfilter housing and pull it off the intake manifold and the cylinder and manifold comes off with 4 bolts

Hmmm, can't tell from your description if we are doing the same thing or not and I have no photos handy.

I remove the muffler, remove cylinder bolts, disconnect electrical to carb, remove trigger linkage, remove bolts in tray under carb, pop the rubber buffers off the carb manifold and push the two retainer tabs holding the tray in and the jug, manifold, carb, tray comes out in one assembly and then disconnect the fuel line.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmm, can't tell from your description if we are doing the same thing or not and I have no photos handy.

I remove the muffler, remove cylinder bolts, disconnect electrical to carb, remove trigger linkage, remove bolts in tray under carb, pop the rubber buffers off the carb manifold and push the two retainer tabs holding the tray in and the jug, manifold, carb, tray comes out in one assembly and then disconnect the fuel line.
Ya that sounds like what I do except I pull the whole rear assembly loose from the manifold. If u dont u must be using a right angle t27 to dissconnect the manifold from the cylinder if the carb isnt removed first?

foragefarmer

70cc groupie
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll do that if I need to but the last time I had it apart was for new rings and I just swapped the rings and put everything back together didn't even disconnect the fuel line.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll do that if I need to but the last time I had it apart was for new rings and I just swapped the rings and put everything back together didn't even disconnect the fuel line.
Ok gotcha. Ill usually need the manifold off to do alil porting so I split the front and back half and when I unbolt the cylinder the manifold stays with it and it just move the back half to the side and go to work

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You might be onto something......but would it lose that racy feel? It's bad ass was a 24" bar.

I'm gunna go back into mine Randy, it's gunna get a small half circle ground in the intake skirt of the piston and a hefty set of fingers. I bet it picks up more of that "racey" feel. I'll do before and after vids.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One time I left Mike Brown in my '74 Power Wagon to sleep while I was in a friends house. We got carried away talking in there and I come out, All I see sticking out of my driver's side seat was a German Shorthaired Pointer's head. He made a slit and dug out the foam and got inside the slit so he could fart and share it with me later good boy thanks Mike.

For illustrative purpose.... from fellow member Illinois boy jrsdws' post:
pi5send2-jpg.1997

If he's from up around Morrisonville as sharp as that pooch looks, could be Mike Brown's cuz......