Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
5:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I started running that Dumonde, then the Blenzall. I never peeked at the guts of the saws before I switched from 2R. I just ordered a gallon.........I'll do better next time.

In all honesty, all that crap on AS made me not give a damn about posting anything for a few months.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
3:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I started running that Dumonde, then the Blenzall. I never peeked at the guts of the saws before I switched from 2R. I just ordered a gallon.........I'll do better next time.

In all honesty, all that crap on AS made me not give a damn about posting anything for a few months.
Of all the oils i have tried ,the dumonde has been the cleanest ,may be hard for some guys to come by though ,i want to try the honda oil next ,i like the blue color to tell it is mixed .here is the dumonde plug ,notice how clean the electrode is and the ground .hybrid plug mobil 1 old gas station 012.JPG hybrid plug mobil 1 old gas station 010.JPG

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
6:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put the timing wheel on it to check it again and my numbers were 102.5- 119- 79.

So I raised the trans to 117 and added fingers. I also made a notch in the intake skirt up to 84*

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey wasn't there someone else building a hybrid on here?!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks good @Deets066. I've seen a few of your videos of your hybrid. That saw worked really nice. I'd love to see a video of your hybrid now with your new mods. No rush;). Whenever you get a chance. The whole hybrid thing really has me very curious and studying what everybody has done.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks good @Deets066. I've seen a few of your videos of your hybrid. That saw worked really nice. I'd love to see a video of your hybrid now with your new mods. No rush;). Whenever you get a chance. The whole hybrid thing really has me very curious and studying what everybody has done.
All I got right now

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
5:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes at 40 to 1 ,very sooty and washed the exhaust port clean ,here is the same spark plug ,i did not change it or carb settings at 40 to 1 mobil 1 ,i did not have the tach figured out yet when ran the mobil 1 so not sure on what rpm i was at
When i pulled the recoil to cycle the piston ,could see clean blue oil on everything through the exhaust port with the saber .

.View attachment 4841
Thats what I noticed in my saws with Sabre also. Alota soft black sooty buildup​