CLEARCUT meets the 500i

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok that’s what I was guessing they would be around the 13-1400 range. Didn’t know they still made the 32-36” light bars anymore. Was jus look a bit last night for my 066 and saw 20-25” listed on stihls page but didn’t look real hard

My dealers web page only shows shorter lengths, for some reason, but they can still get them in longer lengths if I ask for them. Not sure why the websites don't have them on there.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I see you have the little plastic piece on there that you were wondering about. What is its actual purpose?
It is to divert the air being blown through the fins away from your face, I believe. It has been a common complaint from a lot of cutters on the 462 about the air being blown into your face when running with the motor down. I will see what this does to prevent that tomorrow. In the parts diagram, it is labeled “air diverter”.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
3:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is to divert the air being blown through the fins away from your face, I believe. It has been a common complaint from a lot of cutters on the 462 about the air being blown into your face when running with the motor down. I will see what this does to prevent that tomorrow. In the parts diagram, it is labeled “air diverter”.
Makes sense. Thanks

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Kinda reminds me of those chrome Sandvik bars that came out in the late 80's that everyone thought were gonna be all the rage, until they found out on sunny days they would blind a guy when he turned
the saw to make the face cut. Everybody got rid of them real quick.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Any changes to the AV from your last one? Wondering if Stihl has stiffened it at all in the R model.
This one started life as a half-wrap, and I put the full-wrap on yesterday, so the AV is no different. The saw shops around here are supposed to get some R models one of these days...I’m quite curious myself if there will be any differences in the AV.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kinda reminds me of those chrome Sandvik bars that came out in the late 80's that everyone thought were gonna be all the rage, until they found out on sunny days they would blind a guy when he turned
the saw to make the face cut. Everybody got rid of them real quick.
Some *dipstick polished total superbars and tried
to sell them to me "limited edition" my ass
Also the new oregon lw bars
The paint comes off as you take them out of the cardboard sleeve they come in
Not bright shiny metal though
Held up great so far not a psp bar.