High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Chainsaw grinder questions, tips, tricks, and pics!!!!

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From the picture and looking at the holes.
If the holes are in the right spot.
Looks like it would push a bit of that ring of fire & sparks off the wheel, instead of it spraying back onto the cutter.
I expect it also keeps a layer of cooler air on the wheel in the work region.
I'd also bet a dust mask is more desirable while using it now.

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, so looking at getting a grinder for some side work. Plus taking care of badly messed up chains. Is the Foley-Belsaw 550-1 a good grinder, and is there anything to be aware of with this model? Want to get quality equipment, but can't justify tons of money spent currently.
Thanks,
Mike

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
7:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, so looking at getting a grinder for some side work. . . .Is the Foley-Belsaw 550-1 a good grinder, and is there anything to be aware of with this model?
It may be a good grinder, if you find a good deal on one in good condition. Note that most of the listings for it include the description 'vintage', so I am not sure how available parts are.

The best deal I know of on a good, basic grinder is this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tecomec-Co...rpener-compare-to-Oregon-520-120/383293681932

Good wheels are also important on a good grinder, and most of the cheaper grinders come with cheaper wheels. Avoid the 'clone' grinders. With patience, you might find a good deal on a used Oregon or Tecomec grinder, but be sure to factor in the cost of any missing accessories (wheels, dressing brick, etc.), which add up.

Philbert

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, I had looked at the grinder. The Super Jolly would definitely be nice also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are basic, reliable grinders, suitable for shop use. Parts and accessories are widely available, and they retain a lot of their value if you decide to sell it down the road.

Phiblert

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, I had looked at the grinder. The Super Jolly would definitely be nice also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not sure what the price is today, but you used to be able to get the super jolly from Maverick Mower Supply for under $300 shipped. I like mine a lot.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Amazon...
ac9254ed7857255328e26cd44382bf9d.jpg

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are there any new grinders with the reversible motor? All I am finding are non reversible, unless modded by end user.

Brandon427

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you need a hand walking through the pro sharp let me know, check the wear of the cable hole in the main frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve got a pro sharp just recently and have been wondering what are some of the important things to check so it stays working consistently

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got a pro sharp just recently and have been wondering what are some of the important things to check so it stays working consistently
Probably worth starting a specific thread for this grinder, since it is so unique, and since square ground chain is so different.

Philbert

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It may be a good grinder, if you find a good deal on one in good condition. Note that most of the listings for it include the description 'vintage', so I am not sure how available parts are.

The best deal I know of on a good, basic grinder is this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tecomec-Co...rpener-compare-to-Oregon-520-120/383293681932

Good wheels are also important on a good grinder, and most of the cheaper grinders come with cheaper wheels. Avoid the 'clone' grinders. With patience, you might find a good deal on a used Oregon or Tecomec grinder, but be sure to factor in the cost of any missing accessories (wheels, dressing brick, etc.), which add up.

Philbert
The Oregon clone got me by I did buy diamond wheels discs. Now that clone set up for rakers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Oregon clone got me by I did buy diamond wheels discs. Now that clone set up for rakers.

I now use the Maxx grinder bought from Bailey's. Head swivels both left and right and also auto clamps. Really like this setup.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I now use the Maxx grinder bought from Bailey's. Head swivels both left and right and also auto clamps. Really like this setup.
Seen them for years in the catalogs, but never seen one in person, or used one. There were a limited number of comments on them, on 'the other site', so it's good to hear some feedback on them. Maybe start a thread on them, with lots of photos?

Thanks.

Philbert