02820a9eff3109af35027842ef5a25a0.jpg

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
5:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just leave the filter off and run the saw. That will single the filter out. If you still have no rpm then I’d look at the carb. If your getting too much fuel you could epoxy the jet and drill it smaller. Or open the Venturi up little by little to weaken the impulse and add more air.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the filter restricts it for almost 100 rpm. I still do not know why today I picked up 1,300-1,400 rpm and I have not touched anything. This weekend I will run it some and see how it does. Maybe playing with FarmerTec filter has gotten it to open 100% now? I will keep this thread updated as I find more. If I can keep it tuned at 14,200-14,500 I am happy with the FarmerTec jug...for now.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my research last night I guess I need to find a mesh filter. Has anyone made a mesh filter out of these cheap Chinese filters? If so what was your source for the mesh?

The other thing is I would like to stay with these plastics. I have an OEM top cover that is pretty faded but no filter cover to go with it. That pretty much marries me to this style filter as opposed to the earlier style.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of those AM filters are quite restrictive to air flow, the media is almost too fine to flow well. Others are ok to good. I remove the choke flap and do some relief work behind the flap to allow it to open much wider letting more air pass it when open and it actually helps prevent the flap from being sucked shut at WOT operation.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of those AM filters are quite restrictive to air flow, the media is almost too fine to flow well. Others are ok to good. I remove the choke flap and do some relief work behind the flap to allow it to open much wider letting more air pass it when open and it actually helps prevent the flap from being sucked shut at WOT operation.
Can do. I remembered issues were possible so I ordered 3 of these when I ordered from the big rock candy mountain of mainland China.

As I stated earlier, this is a learning exercise for me. If I can make it run better than stock, I am happy. I rarely have a saw here of my own I can play with.

I also want to get this little saw singing better than a buddy with a stock 026. He insists on 3/8 chain and such... I'd love to make him realize .325 isn't so bad on a small saw. If this part works out then all the better.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can do. I remembered issues were possible so I ordered 3 of these when I ordered from the big rock candy mountain of mainland China.

As I stated earlier, this is a learning exercise for me. If I can make it run better than stock, I am happy. I rarely have a saw here of my own I can play with.

I also want to get this little saw singing better than a buddy with a stock 026. He insists on 3/8 chain and such... I'd love to make him realize .325 isn't so bad on a small saw. If this part works out then all the better.

Check the filter media to see if it will let water through it, I have a few that are too tight, almost look like a plastic sheet. They won`t flow wort a crap. The real early ones looked almost like stainless steel screen, now those flowed real nice.
Was also going to say ,the quality of these filters are all over the place, remember these guys are only good at copying a part, they don`t know how its supposed to work or what its for, no research or development only copy a dimension.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The .325 chain works best on them on our wood species up here. I do run 3/8 skip on one of my 026`s but of course that is a heavily ported saw, it does very well on softwoods we have here, pine, spruce and fir along with poplar.