BUCKIN' Billy Ray Smith

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
9:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently learned of the IRONHORSE shenanigans. I am no longer giving him my time of day.

I agree with this. Very much so. Although, what I will say on a good note for him is this, he's done his share of back breaking labor for decades. If he can throttle down, pull a little coin off the net and still do his normal, my hat's off to him.
His one repetitive saying is what brought me to OPE. "Do what you love." I am back into actually enjoying runnin a saw, and not just working a day. The warming up part of power saws clicks with me from playing with drag cars years ago.
Well said brother. But I still don't know who this Iron Horse is....lol. I don't get much time to peruse on the site.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
8:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well said brother. But I still don't know who this Iron Horse is....lol. I don't get much time to peruse on the site.

Pretty much a guy that has no idea what he is doing with modifying chainsaws. Loves telling customers their oe parts are trashed and puts sub par aftermarket parts on instead. Takes said bad parts and puts them on his or good buddies saws and takes credit for another's work. Took one of Randy's p/cs off a saw and "lost it". Replaced it with his ground up hyway cylinder and called Randy a hack to his followers on one of his YouTube videos.

So pretty much, you are better off not knowing will save you quite a few wtf s!!

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
His tube channel is IRONHORSE, with the caps. I only started watching him in my pursute of saw porting last Jan-Feb. Then I learned of the shady side of him ..... I pay him no more mind.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
upload_2021-6-30_16-53-5.png
He screwed a guy over on a laughable 600.00 port job
It's in the past.
His saw was taken care of by donations and spike60 and his people.

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is ironhorse related to JMS? o_O

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 300111
He screwed a guy over on a laughable 600.00 port job
It's in the past.
His saw was taken care of by donations and spike60 and his people.
Sounds like a real piece of work, but on the flipside of that, I love how the guys come together on OPE and FHC to help others out. Good guys for sure.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty much a guy that has no idea what he is doing with modifying chainsaws. Loves telling customers their oe parts are trashed and puts sub par aftermarket parts on instead. Takes said bad parts and puts them on his or good buddies saws and takes credit for another's work. Took one of Randy's p/cs off a saw and "lost it". Replaced it with his ground up hyway cylinder and called Randy a hack to his followers on one of his YouTube videos.

So pretty much, you are better off not knowing will save you quite a few wtf s!!
My internal red flags went up the first time I watched one of his vids. He was teaching his YT flock how to center a degree wheel by shoving a screwdriver all the way down through the spark plug hole and setting the wheel at 180°. I mean, I guess he got it within 6-8° or so…..

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
what I will say on a good note for him is this, he's done his share of back breaking labor for decades. If he can throttle down, pull a little coin off the net and still do his normal, my hat's off to him.

A lot of guys have done more than their share of back breaking labor - the main difference between them and Billy is he's learned how to market his image.

Like Steve said, early on, his channel was good. Now it's trash. The Youtube algorithm basically turns most monetized users toward marketing their videos for the 13-18 age group,
which are currently the biggest users of Youtube. I guess if you want to hoe yourself out for the views, that's the direction you have to go.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A lot of guys have done more than their share of back breaking labor - the main difference between them and Billy is he's learned how to market his image.

Like Steve said, early on, his channel was good. Now it's trash. The Youtube algorithm basically turns most monetized users toward marketing their videos for the 13-18 age group,
which are currently the biggest users of Youtube. I guess if you want to hoe yourself out for the views, that's the direction you have to go.
He's a social media influencer now
I really don't care for any of those types.
I like old saws but i would be interested to see a 10/10 or
Super xl or whatever he runs
Pull a 32" in the wood we have here.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He's a social media influencer now
I really don't care for any of those types.
I like old saws but i would be interested to see a 10/10 or
Super xl or whatever he runs
Pull a 32" in the wood we have here.
lol come now you know we dont have any hard woods this far south lol
lmao

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder when Buckin is gonna put out a video of the 7310 ported by some asshat claiming that it's the bestest saw ever made! Oh, and everyone who is a real lumberjack should then sub their channel ofcourse.

..X..

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Tinman? I will admit, Ironhorse was the first chainsaw building video I watched when I started getting into building saws.. Obviously I have since found better channels. I think IH has been holding onto some of those "customer" saws for over a year.. Sucks for the owners..