Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you guys think of Tinman? I will admit, Ironhorse was the first chainsaw building video I watched when I started getting into building saws.. Obviously I have since found better channels. I think IH has been holding onto some of those "customer" saws for over a year.. Sucks for the owners..
Here's a porter in Australia

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve gone off talking about somethings ,, ie after the tin pony shenanigans then the click bait bs johns custard saws vid (custard is just a term I use as I don’t want to use the real word and promote the person) So I,m a bit more reserved now..

however, I will say there are a group of people hanging round bbrs and getting work from his channel. you can call it good Business or bad and that is down to you and if you know what the customer is getting.
but is the customer really getting what they are paying for, sadly it not always the case.

I can happily say, I don’t want a $400 axe that some yt guy rehung that I would enjoy more doing it myself… even if I did get it wrong a few times..

I think I’ve said before about the famous people talking about friends in vids . Well, if you feel your a friend of some yt guy you’ve never met. then your already drawn into it all..

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
pony and tin man friend are building saws for his friend hill billy and custom saws john is angry at everybody . Best is chainsaw guy who wants a lot of money for advice.
I stay with walt , where i begin .
The chainsaw guy has since passed on. He was actually quite knowledgeable at least unlike the rest mentioned in this thread

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They get paid by yt ....so.

..X..

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
hello friends ;)... I can't believe people pay $400 for one of his "custom" axes...

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
hello friends ;)... I can't believe people pay $400 for one of his "custom" axes...

yes we’ve known for sometime..
although you can look at it indifferent ways. He does give to needy causes, so all your money is not just going to him. But how much he keeps and gives away is up to him.

however I like I said back in post #362 I’d rather learn to do it myself. :)
And also buy more toys (saws) with the money I saved :risas3:

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
11:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yes we’ve known for sometime..
although you can look at it indifferent ways. He does give to needy causes, so all your money is not just going to him. But how much he keeps and gives away is up to him.

however I like I said back in post #362 I’d rather learn to do it myself. :)
And also buy more toys (saws) with the money I saved :risas3:
Probably people with more money than sense I suppose, can't say I wouldnt sell axes for 400$ if I could get away with it either lol. I found buckins videos became more fluff after his subscribes skyrocketed, as happens with most youtubers, makes em soft in the trade or some chit cause they dont need to work as hard anymore. I still watch and learn from his videos occasionally though. his filing vids have helped many. git tha gullet

..X..

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Probably people with more money than sense I suppose, can't say I wouldnt sell axes for 400$ if I could get away with it either lol. I found buckins videos became more fluff after his subscribes skyrocketed, as happens with most youtubers, makes em soft in the trade or some chit cause they dont need to work as hard anymore. I still watch and learn from his videos occasionally though. his filing vids have helped many. git tha gullet

Yes, he still has some good content when it comes to him cutting wood. I know it helped me a lot because I'm not a pro logger. I just fast-forward through the chit chat and ignore the live feed videos.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I happen to stop in at Billy Ray's from time to time. It's not about information although there is lots , it's about entertainment & variety for me. My personal favs are Bjarne Butler's channel & Two Stroke Stuffing's. To those who question the logic of spending $400 on a custom axe....those who watch my channel know where I'll go with that one :) Lots of money is spend on peer pressure fads, pride, bling, & BS stuff.... I certainly don't need 50 saws ( my stock 565 is all I need ) or 15 boat motors, even that tweaked v6 so have to be the LAST one to be critical of that! :)

Last edited:

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like his channel. I’m not buying an axe but I do enjoy how and what he shows. Compared to what is really popular on YT….he is doing the world a favor if it keeps young folks from focusing on that trash.

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And sell axe for 400 :campeon:.