av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How early do you guys start making noise? It didn’t use to be a concern for me but a family has built a new home just 50 yards from my wood yard. It’s 9:00am as I write this and I’m wanting to run a saw for about 20 minutes or so. I really don’t want to be rude or cause a problem. But it’s been weighing on my mind since they moved in. They’ve been exposed to the noise before, just later on in the day.

Zackeepr1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wait to 10am where I am until I run a saw. But at the same time if time is a concern then then go for it and see if they say something.

Chips&Giggles

Active OPE Member
Local time
3:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After 9 seems reasonable, 20 minute duration seems reasonable. Also agree that talking to them could go a long way. Our yard neighbor hates us for the backing up beeps on trucks. For residential tree work on the job we do everything we can before starting saws at 9 and often start a little earlier.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
who would do such a thing?…
i have to hear the neighbors dogs and horse whenever they make noise and they dont look at a clock so i dont care when i make noise either

at the gtgs noone pays attention to the time lol especially if trying to get a husky to run lol isnt that right ? lol

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have to hear the neighbors dogs and horse whenever they make noise and they dont look at a clock so i dont care when i make noise either

at the gtgs noone pays attention to the time lol especially if trying to get a husky to run lol isnt that right ? lol
pffft, that pipe kevin made for you really belonged on my saw 😆

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
7:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t have neighbours that close but close enough to hear a saw, weekdays I usually start 8 but sometimes 7:30, saturdays 9 and sundays 10am.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How early do you guys start making noise? It didn’t use to be a concern for me but a family has built a new home just 50 yards from my wood yard. It’s 9:00am as I write this and I’m wanting to run a saw for about 20 minutes or so. I really don’t want to be rude or cause a problem. But it’s been weighing on my mind since they moved in. They’ve been exposed to the noise before, just later on in the day.
As I early as I get up, most my neighbors are far away so it won't be that annoying. 6-7 sounds like a reasonable time frame, closer to 7 if you're dealing with suburbanites. My family's business follows the "No running equipment before 7" policy in residential environments, so I've always used that as a good baseline.

I mainly worry about being noisy after dark, meaning no straight-piped Dodge piss revs or running Macs with stacks after 9:00. The one time I test-ran a Mac with a stack well after 9 it was politely mentioned by someone who lives a little less than 1/4 of a mile away, and I haven't done it since.

TreeTard

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Time for that electric saw !

If it's not a frequent occurrence, I would not worry about it. But I could be wrong to assume most people are reasonable and understanding.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Talking to them is the best. I have no one right near me, but I use 7am on weekdays and 9am on the weekends as a general rule.

There is a city ordinance on noise, and I believe that is there rule as well here.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I moved last year ,so now I have neighbors. I asked them what their schedule was for work, 1st,2nd,or 3rd and run machines accordingly. If they are working age and don't work then it doesn't matter.
I worked 3rd shift at a power plant and wanted to murder some neighbors years ago ,so I'm mindful of the working class.