Local time
7:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let’s get back on track

is this blade useable

45 degrees one side 30 the other

I believe that is optimal when used on a south facing slope while snedding with up to a 28" arm.
Anything beyond is just overkill and cannot be oiled by practical means.

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
American standard Champion 4.
I know what I'm saving up for next! :eusa_dance:
Sharpness cannot be created or destroyed: only changed from one state to another. (Law of the conservation of sharpness).

For example, the sharp edge of your blade guide changes to a sharp pain in your finger . . .

Philbert
Not sure if a Confucius meme or an Einstein meme would be more appropriate here. :thinking:

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thought about this post for a few Kevin. I appreciate the decency you have in posting it. Not trying to hash it all up again but tolerance seems to be at an all time low. We are all brothers like it or not. :thumbsup: I don’t judge, you never know what a screen name has going on in their life.
Agreed. And banning someone over their opinion would not have set well with me even though I've never heard of the fella b4 stumbling into this thread.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can understand the lack of lingo knowledge but the thing that gets me about all of it is people not being an informed consumer. If you're dropping good money on something in life you owe yourself the peice of mind on what you're spending money on.
Agreed. I researh a future purchase to death. Rarely there is something new the dealership of any big to huge ticket item can tell me that i haven't armed myself with b4 going to buy. It's how I roll.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I didn't like him blaming his parents for his shortcomings. But I can ignore him.
My thoughts on this....
Although I certainly do not agree with his blanket statement that an entire generation of parents are ruining kids, I do agree that many let the schools raise their kids. I have heard parents say it. "It's the schools job to raise those kids" Many are also afraid of CPS if they discipline their Child. They teach them in the school about CPS and telling on their parents. I personally know this from family and one son that used it as a weapon to get his way. Now him and the step dad BOTH have records over this boiling over.

I also agree with one of your previous statements. All kids are different even being raised by the same parents. Some are lazy, some are go getters. I was raised by a WWII vet. I was taught a hard work ethic. We all were by both parents. I was shown practical things that many of us take for granted that "err body noze dat". I strive for excellence. I have far surpassed what I was taught at home because of my drive to "know stuff". My brother and one of three sisters, on the other hand, are happy to just get by. Drives me nuts but their choices effect them not me.

I say good on space bus for figuring it out on his own now and I see his side and the side I'm on. This isn't a college campus safe space. We are allowed opinions here still I hope.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Agreed. And banning someone over their opinion would not have set well with me even though I've never heard of the fella b4 stumbling into this thread.

I don't want to speak for the other mods, but banning doesn't come into the conversation for just stating an opinion. If that was the case none of us m'fers would be here still...

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don't want to speak for the other mods, but banning doesn't come into the conversation for just stating an opinion. If that was the case none of us m'fers would be here still...
That was just the vibe I was getting from reading this. Almost seemed like one of those "free speech unless we don't agree with it deals". Let the cancel begin. I may have read the room wrong because that is one thing that really sets me off. Cancel culture. It has no place anywhere in my opinion, especially in a place like this.