"Blades"

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can recall when all the shop classes(metals, wood, auto and print) in high school were remodeled and all the equipment sold to make room for more computer classes. We couldn't even have a calculator when I was in school let alone a computer, which was supposed to be the future for everyone, though there were not the jobs available for such a claim. Even went as far as to quit teaching cursive writing as it was deemed unnecessary.
It's been 35 years or more since the Boy Scout building has been occupied by scouts. Then both parents had careers instead of just one. So I can see where there is enough crack for kids to slip through.
Today there's a mass exodus of city folk heading for the country, so you all better get used to people that not only don't know the lingo, need help figuring out what's normal day to day for others.
I feel for you guy's they are fleeing the cities from problems they created and will bring them with them along with their way of thinking moving in next door to decent country folk what a mess the whole thing is.

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel for you guy's they are fleeing the cities from problems they created and will bring them with them along with their way of thinking moving in next door to decent country folk what a mess the whole thing is.
That has been happening here in my town for 20 years a property just up the road every time I pick up a rifle to go and shoot some foxes and cats some dick head Rings the cops.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a troll with these questions, since it seems my questions are misconstrued in the context of this group.

If your own kids grow up to be *a-holes, who is at fault? I'm not saying your kids are literally *a-holes or whatever, it's a hypothetical question.

My parents are *a-holes, so I was a little *a-hole as a young adult. I got lucky and made friends with folks who were not *a-holes and corrected my ways, but not everyone gets lucky. Say you are born in a slum and all your friends also have *a-hole parents addicted to drugs, what then? If a whole generation of children grow up without knowing how to use a chainsaw, then how does that happen? What about kids who go to schools without shop class, welding, auto, or any other trade? Or worse yet still, what kids who go to schools that are overcrowded, underfunded, and surrounded by slums full of drugs? How can you expect my generation to not be full of narcissistic individuals demanding instant gratification when that is all we have known for our whole lives? Look at what influences the youth have; instagram, facebook, TV, etc.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
1:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn’t ask for a better parents but they only got me to 18 years old. Everything I became as an adult is because I chose to do It on my own. Were there any failures? Sure there were Would my parents have been there if i asked for help? Yup, but I did it on my own and learned from my mistakes and don’t blame my parents.

Last edited:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You see it all the time these days, well placed people who had the best education, lived in great neighbourhood, never experienced a day of hardship etc. They carry on about some sop story of how tough their childhood was or how bad there parents were, how they 'got though it' or 'barely survived'....people love to credit themselves with hardship. They think society will feel for them or something. Rarely do you here someone say, yup I had a great childhood, didn't get abused and was well provided for. My grandparents who lived through the depression and there peers didn't winge or complain about pathetic things. They were greatful for good times as they truly knew worse. Today their are to many wimps around who can't have their feelings hurt, and we are expected to sympathize to their pathetic stories.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You see it all the time these days, well placed people who had the best education, lived in great neighbourhood, never experienced a day of hardship etc. They carry on about some sop story of how tough their childhood was or how bad there parents were, how they 'got though it' or 'barely survived'....people love to credit themselves with hardship. They think society will feel for them or something. Rarely do you here someone say, yup I had a great childhood, didn't get abused and was well provided for. My grandparents who lived through the depression and there peers didn't winge or complain about pathetic things. They were greatful for good times as they truly knew worse. Today their are to many wimps around who can't have their feelings hurt, and we are expected to sympathize to their pathetic stories.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wait
WTF is it with all these city people who refer to chains as blades? Where did that come from?

"I need a blade for my saw."

"Do you mean a bar or a chain?"

Some goof just came in and says he's picking up some blades he dropped off to have sharpened. So, I'm looking on the shelf with the sharpened mower blades, and can't find his name. What's it for, I ask, thinking he's gonna say Exmark, or Gravely or something. He says "Stihl" (naturally)

Some other clown was in and needs chains for his Jonsered. "It's not for my 2054; it's for my other saw. The model has a "6" in it." Wow, some of these people are really dense. No information and then they get pissed when you can't give them the part they want.

If you open your doors to the public...........they're gonna come in. :)
Try driving a city bus. Often people get on and just ask "do you go where I want" my response is, " where do you need to go". Their response is "I dunno".

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can recall when all the shop classes(metals, wood, auto and print) in high school were remodeled and all the equipment sold to make room for more computer classes. We couldn't even have a calculator when I was in school let alone a computer, which was supposed to be the future for everyone, though there were not the jobs available for such a claim. Even went as far as to quit teaching cursive writing as it was deemed unnecessary.
It's been 35 years or more since the Boy Scout building has been occupied by scouts. Then both parents had careers instead of just one. So I can see where there is enough crack for kids to slip through.
Today there's a mass exodus of city folk heading for the country, so you all better get used to people that not only don't know the lingo, need help figuring out what's normal day to day for others.
About 10 years back, our school superintendent wanted to get rid of the shop stuff at my old technical high school as it was deemed that the US doesn't manufacture much anymore. We had a pattern shop, foundry, complete machine & auto machine shop, plastic injection molding shop, and many more shops. You could have made a car there.

I tell kids that we had to make a gun in freshman machine shop. Yup, in order to pass, we as individuals, had to make a fireable cannon. Just think, at 14 years old, I had to make a gun. I imagine just the blueprints alone for making that would constitute a felony firearm charge.

That high school now has a 20 mph zone in front. Hell, we would have cut those signs down. At 14 years old, if you cannot look both ways before crossing the street, maybe natural selection means for you to meet you fate? We exceeded that new, NOT IMPROVED speed limit by many times that limit. 3rd gear wheelies by a guy with a hotrod Jeep was always a welcome show. Somehow with all the graffiti and homeless, and real crime in that exact location, I feel much less safe now.

Rant over.