Big Tree!

Uzi

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats a monster maple any pictures of the crown/top before they started?

I got to drop this huge cottonwood a couple months ago. It was 9.5 ft across the stump but the swell about 10 ft off the ground was over 12' by far the biggest thing I've ever messed with.

My Father in law and a kid who helps me in the picture. He's 6 ft my FIL is 6'5" if that gives some scale. IMG_1802.JPG IMG_1805.JPG

calebng15

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I got to drop this huge cottonwood a couple months ago. It was 9.5 ft across the stump but the swell about 10 ft off the ground was over 12' by far the biggest thing I've ever messed with.

My Father in law and a kid who helps me in the picture. He's 6 ft my FIL is 6'5" if that gives some scale. View attachment 29437 View attachment 29438

I spy a 2100?!

TimRD

Makin' Little Ones Out of Big Ones
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

My Father in law and a kid who helps me in the picture. He's 6 ft my FIL is 6'5" if that gives some scale. View attachment 29437 View attachment 29438
That's a helluva tree, and it would make some serious cookies! What did you end up doing with it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Uzi

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spy a 2100?!
Yep @Mastermind 2100 with a 60" bar did most of that work, it's wicked running machine. A little help from the 288 trimming out the notch.
That's a helluva tree, and it would make some serious cookies! What did you end up doing with it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It was so big further up even the 60" bar wouldn't cut it from both sides so they trimmed everything back that was smaller and got a big excavator to push the huge section into a burn pit. Really it was a shame they had us cut it down it was a really healthy tree but it was an NRD project and they want to put in more campgrounds. There was one 1/4 mile north that was even bigger and it gets to stay.

Whiskers

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

My Father in law and a kid who helps me in the picture. He's 6 ft my FIL is 6'5" if that gives some scale.

Here's a pic of the tree before most of the removal.

image.jpeg

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Somebody at some point topped that tree from the way it looks to me. Think of the water that thing drank on a hot summer days.

Sent from somewhere

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Helluva base! Wonder how old it is. I thought I had a big maple in my backyard till I saw that pic!