South east michigan storm damage

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a couple large trees get damaged in the ice storm about a week ago. Ive been dealing with local tree services and debating about filing a claim or just paying cash. Prices vary wildly so much so i bought climbing gear to just do it myself. Problem is it needs more then i should do as a first climb. I have 1 broken hanging branch bout 8 to 10 inch diameter its a siberian elm and lots of dead wood and previous cut off junk from poor trims. The other tree is a silver maple and seems healthy but needs trimmed. What im looking for is help or even better someone to work with and pay for the skillset and maybe i can learn something on how to deal with large yard trees in the future. I have a good size yard but as always there is always something in the way. Luckily no high voltage lines at risk. The house power kindof kiddy corners between the 2 trees on a angle across the yard.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if you havent ever climbed before just buying climbing gear and heading out to do tree work is a really good way to get hurt or killed. most climber start by working on the ground to literally learn the ropes which are extremely important it climbing trees weathe you are spur climbing or rope climbing.. having a skilled rope guy on the ground is just as important as experience in the tree. having said all of that take some picture and post them on here and see if we can give some solid advice to get you some help

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will show pics asap. I honestly forgot about this thread i dont get alerts unless i click on the red stuff. Thank you guys so much

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There may be some contract climbers in your area. Good place to find them is on the tree buzz forum.