WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I’m not wasting my time. The onus of proof is on you bud
Figures a Huskey guy is too lazy to hit the Search button. Can't help you get off your own butt man. 🤣

Seriously though, I do post links when sharing info. There are a lot of moving parts to the Husqvarna supply chain and issues they're facing, and @Duke Thieroff filled in some things I'd heard but not had a good source for, some stuff I plain forgot, he mentioned others I didn't know about, and I'm probably wrong on some stuff--which I said straight off it's just my understanding. I'm certainly not the Husqvarna factory contact or largest fanboy ever, so if you know more I'm happy to read it; there's a lot of info on OPE and I try to reasonably keep up on new developments. Hopefully Husqvarna gets it straightened out and all is well.

I don't know what STIHL is going to do, as much as I like their stuff this is looking like parts backorders could be a long-term issue until something there changes. If anyone has more info I'd love to hear it, because I haven't heard anything new since they announced U.S. plant furloughs (not closings). The progression of that seems to roughly be:

Bjoem Fischer, president of Stihl Inc.’s Virginia Beach-based U.S. operations, left in 2021.
STIHL Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing Chris Keffer was been promoted to president and CEO Aug. 4, 2023, succeedin Terry Horan.
STIHL abruptly furloughed one-third of its Virginia Beach, Virginia workforce on Wednesday, August 23.

There was a section on STIHL receiving local funding, it may have been for bar manufacturing? Not sure.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Figures a Huskey guy is too lazy to hit the Search button. Can't help you get off your own butt man. 🤣

Seriously though, I do post links when sharing info. There are a lot of moving parts to the Husqvarna supply chain and issues they're facing, and @Duke Thieroff filled in some things I'd heard but not had a good source for, some stuff I plain forgot, he mentioned others I didn't know about, and I'm probably wrong on some stuff--which I said straight off it's just my understanding. I'm certainly not the Husqvarna factory contact or largest fanboy ever, so if you know more I'm happy to read it; there's a lot of info on OPE and I try to reasonably keep up on new developments. Hopefully Husqvarna gets it straightened out and all is well.

I don't know what STIHL is going to do, as much as I like their stuff this is looking like parts backorders could be a long-term issue until something there changes. If anyone has more info I'd love to hear it, because I haven't heard anything new since they announced U.S. plant furloughs (not closings). The progression of that seems to roughly be:

Bjoem Fischer, president of Stihl Inc.’s Virginia Beach-based U.S. operations, left in 2021.
STIHL Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing Chris Keffer was been promoted to president and CEO Aug. 4, 2023, succeedin Terry Horan.
STIHL abruptly furloughed one-third of its Virginia Beach, Virginia workforce on Wednesday, August 23.

There was a section on STIHL receiving local funding, it may have been for bar manufacturing? Not sure.
Yeah get the fück out of here with that husky man Stihl man garbage. You’re barking up the wrong tree with that bull shít.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everything sucks to get parts for I actually work on stihl crap more than anything and seldom does my local 50+ year stihl dealer a very good shop
come through with oem parts i need.
He simply will place orders and fire and forget and be surprised when something shows up.
My Husqvarna dealer tries to get stuff for me but i do better getting parts from
Hl supply or other oem retailers online.
Basically my experience too. There's some shops I just like the people though and it doesn't matter how long it takes to get parts.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Do you have a picture of your parents laying around you could share ?

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Basically my experience too. There's some shops I just like the people though and it doesn't matter how long it takes to get parts.

I'm kinda like that too. I'll even spend my money in certain places that are more expensive just because I like who's sitting at the counter, I've never really been a price shopper unless it's a HUGE amount of money.

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Eh you know me bud I like what I like and if a saw is good I don’t care who made it. Never did care for the team Stihl vs. team Husky bs. I’m team GFY
Yeah, I went too far with that one, bad day.
Do you have a picture of your parents laying around you could share ?
You want the grave marker?