Baileys 395 warranty help

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello Amigos a friend of mine from Church. I will absolutely vouche for. He's as honest as they come. Was cutting with a low hour 395, he bought brand new. 2019 SN 3438799. Other numbers 965 90 27-00 husqvarna ltda San Paulo Brazil. It was cutting normal, and not over use or anything weird. And instantly quit. He was visiting a friend in redding CA. There was a licensed husqvarna dealer, official dealer. They pulled jug, it was under warranty and registered. Found it had a failed crank bearing. This friend stays up on maintenance, sharp chain all that.dealer said oh its gotta be u, you must have over reved it. First I thought aren't they limited? Second he would never mess with carb screws. Something failed. So they told him to come up with 1,300 to repair it. So it's been sitting in his garage. Before I say this, let me let all know, I absolutely love bailey's. But he never got any calls back from them. I told my friend bailey's is legit, I'm sure it's an easy explanation. Once again bailey's you are loved here. And I'm just looking for direction and help by.my experienced Amigos and friends here. I'm not a trash talk guy, and there is nothing I would put down about anything or anyone, regarding this. Just need help, and he needs his saw back. It stopped his cutting. On a ranch he maintains. The have a 84inch oak, needs to be finished. Thanks in advance.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No sir. They are unlimited. 2019 model.....regardless of hours used, is a long way out of warranty. That said.....1300.00 is a lot to repair it in my opinion.
No sir. They are unlimited. 2019 model.....regardless of hours used, is a long way out of warranty. That said.....1300.00 is a lot to repair it in my opinion.
Thanks Amigo thought 2 year warranty for home owner? I forget. But this happened some time ago. Any recommendations on a contact, for Baileys? I agree but seems our CA expenses like everything else.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello Amigos a friend of mine from Church. I will absolutely vouche for. He's as honest as they come. Was cutting with a low hour 395, he bought brand new. 2019 SN 3438799. Other numbers 965 90 27-00 husqvarna ltda San Paulo Brazil. It was cutting normal, and not over use or anything weird. And instantly quit. He was visiting a friend in redding CA. There was a licensed husqvarna dealer, official dealer. They pulled jug, it was under warranty and registered. Found it had a failed crank bearing. This friend stays up on maintenance, sharp chain all that.dealer said oh its gotta be u, you must have over reved it. First I thought aren't they limited? Second he would never mess with carb screws. Something failed. So they told him to come up with 1,300 to repair it. So it's been sitting in his garage. Before I say this, let me let all know, I absolutely love bailey's. But he never got any calls back from them. I told my friend bailey's is legit, I'm sure it's an easy explanation. Once again bailey's you are loved here. And I'm just looking for direction and help by.my experienced Amigos and friends here. I'm not a trash talk guy, and there is nothing I would put down about anything or anyone, regarding this. Just need help, and he needs his saw back. It stopped his cutting. On a ranch he maintains. The have a 84inch oak, needs to be finished. Thanks in advance.
1300.00 for repair, yea that’s excessive you can had a new 395 for 1150.00 HL Supply

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't done any business with them in several years.
Ten 4. That's all I needed to hear. Good enough for me. Thanks. Squareground yep CA prices. 500i, 395 592 all around 1,500 and change here in the Golden state. I reached out to Stumpshot for possible repair.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ten 4. That's all I needed to hear. Good enough for me. Thanks. Squareground yep CA prices. 500i, 395 592 all around 1,500 and change here in the Golden state. I reached out to Stumpshot for possible repair.

While this indeed seems excessive, they may be some of the first showing of a price hike from Husqvarna.
I can't even guarantee what it would cost me for replacement parts, however I honestly believe that I could come in under that. It would surely be sad if I couldn't as I used to be able to completely rebuild and port one for much much less.
Here's to the new normal! :confused:

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While this indeed seems excessive, they may be some of the first showing of a price hike from Husqvarna.
I can't even guarantee what it would cost me for replacement parts, however I honestly believe that I could come in under that. It would surely be sad if I couldn't as I used to be able to completely rebuild and port one for much much less.
Here's to the new normal! :confused:
Thanks buddy. I'll talk to owner. May send it your way

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So…I have my 395 in pieces in a box, just got the case welded and the crank showed up. Thanks @cus_deluxe ! So I’m gonna be putting mine back together again, as well as building another saw or two ground up. Summer is hide in the A/C and wrench season. I’d honestly rather run saws than fix em but summer is summer, and a fixer is what I happen to be. Strictly in the OPE spirit of helping others out when they get a raw deal, I will tackle this 395 is you want @Normzilla. If stump shot or one of the other builders has time, I’m not about to take work from them, I don’t need it. They would be faster and more efficient. I’d probably post up pics to get multiple sets of eyes to spot any saw specific issues I might miss. Save time and $ on shipping too. But let me reiterate, if anyone isn’t cool with that, no worries. No desire to step on anyone’s toes or take their bread and butter, just help a feller out. (No charge)

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So…I have my 395 in pieces in a box, just got the case welded and the crank showed up. Thanks @cus_deluxe ! So I’m gonna be putting mine back together again, as well as building another saw or two ground up. Summer is hide in the A/C and wrench season. I’d honestly rather run saws than fix em but summer is summer, and a fixer is what I happen to be. Strictly in the OPE spirit of helping others out when they get a raw deal, I will tackle this 395 is you want @Normzilla. If stump shot or one of the other builders has time, I’m not about to take work from them, I don’t need it. They would be faster and more efficient. I’d probably post up pics to get multiple sets of eyes to spot any saw specific issues I might miss. Save time and $ on shipping too. But let me reiterate, if anyone isn’t cool with that, no worries. No desire to step on anyone’s toes or take their bread and butter, just help a feller out. (No charge)

You have my blessing if Norm would like to do that.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm real honored, and flattered by the offer, and your friendship. I'll talk over with Van, at Church tomorrow. See what he is thinking, after we all kinda talked. Thanks Amigo.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$1300 to repair it is robbery. That’s not far off msrp for a new one. I’d sell ya a rebuilt ported one for cheaper.
That’s what I’m sayin’

dealers don’t like to work, they like to sell new saws. That situation with my 395 is why I started working on my own saws years ago.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I asked around 2 years ago there was no shops around me that split cases,flat out refused. As the hourly rate would make it more expensive than a new saw.
I was telling the owner of The one shop I do alot of business with that I'd probably just buy a cheap husqvarna case tool and a Pto side stihl tool to do the one case that I needed split. He told me that I'd be into 900.00$ worth of tools for the job. I mistakenly said "nah, about 100.00 for the tools shipped to my door" his eyes were as big as saucers! He was in absolute disbelief and wanted proof when I got the tools.
I didn't want any bad blood or hurt feelings between us so I never brought it up again and just did the saw when I got the tools in the mail.
Dealers have alot of cost to cover, especially with proprietary tools and insurance.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s what I’m sayin’

dealers don’t like to work, they like to sell new saws. That situation with my 395 is why I started working on my own saws years ago.

I'm not sure it's that they don't like to work, it's that they do the cost/benefit analysis and it's not always worth it for the user and/or them.

If they relied on new saw sales they would have been screwed the last couple years, if you saw the amount of handheld equipment my dealers have to repair you wouldn't believe it. They wouldn't be there anymore if they relied on the sales of handhelds the last 2 years.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think they don’t like to go deep as stated. That’s been my exp. I run a machine and welding/industrial repair shop. We do stuff like splitting cases and replacing press fit bearings all the time, only on a much larger scale. It takes above average skill and experience I think, it’s finicky, and a pain. If they don’t really try hard and get tooling and education (because it’s just a job to them) they will never get good at it, it will take forever, and maybe eat their lunch, especially when you run into, “oh crap” stuff like a broken bolt. Unless you’re really set up…mechanics bring their broken bolt problems to us. When I first started messing with saws, one of our porters quoted me $100 for bottom end rebuild. I think that’s too cheap, but even doubled….

…the question is, how long does it take, what is the labor rate, and how much are the parts? If I did saws all the time and had all the tools handy, and based on the $100 quote, I’d say 2-4 hours for the whole crap. I just tore my 395 completely down in a few minutes, and completely rebuilt my 288. At home with a cheese ball setup, not at work. Not that hard and didn’t take that long…for me. Your average saw shop could probably troubleshoot and repair small runability issue faster than me, but this mechanical stuff is easy for me…and they should become proficient at it too if they want to call themselves competent. The info/training is available from the manufacturers and their are 20 different ways to do it on YouTube.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it’s just a bearing and seals, parts are nothing. If the case half got damaged, there might be something there.