High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

anyone using amsoil dominator in there saws?

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run it all of the time and don't have any problems yet nock on wood. That's all I have run for two years now. I was having issues before so I switched.
6 years Amsoil Saber here all saws running no problems never seized. They all have good compression too. And I use it in all my Stihl 4mix stuff.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Even with stabilizer I wouldn’t have much confidence in ethanol gas that’s sat for over a month. Use what you mix up and run the saws dry if there gonna sit. If you want to keep mix gas for a long time buy e free or tru fuel.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
does oil go bad I dont think I ever heard of that?
I ran some really old stuff Gallons of oil. Old random jugs people dropped off I never had any problems with any of it at all. Some of my 15 year old saws still look real good behind the muffler. I’m just thinking that oil doesn’t go bad.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran some really old stuff Gallons of oil. Old random jugs people dropped off I never had any problems with any of it at all. Some of my 15 year old saws still look real good behind the muffler. I’m just thinking that oil doesn’t go bad.
I think the same.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you want to use the dominator just hit the stuff with some fogging oil when you put them back on the shelf.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing lasts forever

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Group 1,2,3 mineral base oils will have great corrosion protection as inherently mineral oil won't attract moisture like synthetics do. Group 4 & 5 base stock oils being synthetic/ester bases won't naturally protect internals from corrosion. I say if you insist on synthetics or oils comprised of group 4 & 5 base stocks have a good mineral oil you can switch to at the end of the season prior to putting the 2T into storage.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FOOK NO!

Used to run it in my 250r. When I tore it down to install the Eddie Sanders 350 big bore, I couldn't believe the surface corrosion on all of the non-aluminum engine internals. It was last run about 2 months or so before tear down and kept in my garage. You couldn't pay me to run that crap in anything I own ever again! Shouldn't have to "after run" a friggin gasoline two-stroke engine.

I'd advise you switch oil for your sleds too.
Dominator blows just like the rest of the amsoil crap.
l ran it in Polaris 400l never again.
Maxima FTW.