High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anyone see any reason not to just dump this?

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
8:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rope stretch can be used to advantage where cables with less stretch can become slack as soon as the trunk moves. When roping down sections of trees rope stretch greatly reduces the amplitude of shock loads.
Yeah, hard to throw cable too…rope is on the list.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
11:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I buy my rope in 600' yank on the roll and usually split it with a park ranger that is in my region.
It's 900.00 for the roll, but a whole lot cheaper then a roof or historic building! Definitely worth every penny and lack of drama.

Stihl036

3% Neanderthal
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When someone else is pulling the rope they take control of the tree. As the guy cutting, I like to be in control.

I agree entirely.

If you don't have a trusted, experienced person doing the pulling, all bets are off! I work solo quite often and have even used multiple pulleys to route my Maasdam rope puller back to a trunk near where I'm making the felling cut. You never want a 'hot dog' doing the pulling. Usually by rope stretch alone I'm able to get the fell I want. When using a vehicle to pull the cutter always needs in a safe zone as the force is applied.

I would trust you, I believe, but would much prefer to have worked with you for a bit.

As to the O.P., well that is up in the air, pun intended! :)

StihlMagnum440

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I agree entirely.

If you don't have a trusted, experienced person doing the pulling, all bets are off! I work solo quite often and have even used multiple pulleys to route my Maasdam rope puller back to a trunk near where I'm making the felling cut. You never want a 'hot dog' doing the pulling. Usually by rope stretch alone I'm able to get the fell I want. When using a vehicle to pull the cutter always needs in a safe zone as the force is applied.

I would trust you, I believe, but would much prefer to have worked with you for a bit.

As to the O.P., well that is up in the air, pun intended! :)
Agree with the both of you. I use a snatch block and a solid tree or object to hook the block to so I can have line go from high up in the tree and then to the snatch block and reverse the line to me and a come a long. That way while working solo I can cut and wedge and at the same time tension the line and be out of the danger zone completely. I do not like the idea of vehicles, equipment etc being used to tow...always a chance of the tree doing something funky as it falls or when it lands. I definitely would not have someone else pulling in the tree because I want full control of what is going on.

I cut an oak tree that was like the one here being cut down. I cut a section or two separately and then the one that was leaning over the building roof is what I put my line to. I had two come a longs and lines just run out straight from tree and hooked to a tree and put tension on the lines. I then had a third come a long hooked near the tree trunk with my snatch block set up. I did a normal cut and wedge while putting more tension on the snatch block come a long and slowly tilted the tree and overhanging section away from the building. Finally she dropped and I was very relieved.

The two extra come a longs were just for safety because I was taking no chances of the heavy oak tree crashing on the building! I also had a safety wrapped around the trunk above my cut because I take no chances with barber chairs and it takes no time to put a safety on.

Good luck and take the extra time to put extra safety lines on...it would really suck for a single line to break for who knows why and have a tree flattened house.

There are pictures of vehicles and equipment used to tow trees down on the internet...the trees won.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I may have the deuce stationary and use it as an anchor for a snatch as you say. Mostly cuz I can't saw and drive at the same time. I have a lot more experience driving than cutting - rock crawling, etc. I pulled a lot of leaners over 180 to lean last winter. I'd tension, cut, and drive.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Goin down tomorrow. I forgot I actually do have a (huge) rope like 1.25” x100’ or something I might put up in the tree and then stretch a little…then hook the winch line to a chain or strap above the face cut, so as to prevent kickback and barber chair. But I also might just hook up top, snug, make face and back cuts, and pull it over with the truck. I imagine I might have to make a couple trips from the truck to the back cut until I get the hinge breakable.