High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anyone factory tech full time ?

Icepick69

Fart knocker extraordinaire.
Local time
2:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Absolutely. It's not hard to pick up business when service sucks so bad. My preferred Stihl dealer closes for the week of Christmas and had to go to the "other" dealer. Urrrggg. It's also an Ace Hardware but has only been that way for a couple of years. (Very established and busy Stihl dealer) They hire nothing but teenagers. I left after 12 minutes at the parts counter. All I needed was a replacement elastostart cord and an elastostart handle with cord, both for 461's. First they handed me one for a 201t/small saw. I said that wasn't it, and then said they would have to order one. It was going to be $132.00, quoted me for the entire recoil assembly. I walked out *b-wordin and grumblin. Cute little girl at the front register told me to have a "nice day". If didn't have a daughter her age..........
We all have to learn, Maybe you could have helped him. Then the next customer wouldnt have to go through what you did.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did try to help. I felt I was already getting a little long winded and off topic in this thread. I asked BOTH employees that were helping me to actually look the model up and I would point out the correct part on the screen. Also explained the different diameter ropes for the different models. As soon as she quoted me for the recoil assembly she ran off to help another teenage employee. I didn't have a chance to say a word and she was gone. The kid that was trying to help me just seemed more interested in snatching random parts off the shelf than looking up the right part. She's actually pretty good with parts. Tim, who is the parts mgr. was off that day. It seemed she was running from one employee to the next solving problems and answering questions. This is a typical experience at that store. Like I said it's a high-volume dealership with multiple lines of equipment. Most of the knowledgeable people that used to work there are now gone and have since been replaced.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would y'all believed I've been self employed nearly my entire life ?

I'd never put up with anyone's crap.

Nearly.

Yes, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Jon1212 Pro

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Porting saws is a silly fad. I'm sure I won't be around much longer.

You are becoming asquare, so technically I see you’ve got that correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Jon1212 Pro

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I worked part time at a local shop to help them out, did OK, worked full time and couldn't make ends meet ... Good people, I try to give them all the business I can. That being said I'm still waiting for a small end bearing going on two + weeks now...

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For a little background, I am a master certified power sports tech with 20+ yrs exp.

Made more $ a year working for a 4 star resort restaurant waiting tables while in school 20+ yrs ago than I ever did in the industry.

Power equipment is definitely a step back in pay from power sports... Just my .02

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did try to help. I felt I was already getting a little long winded and off topic in this thread. I asked BOTH employees that were helping me to actually look the model up and I would point out the correct part on the screen. Also explained the different diameter ropes for the different models. As soon as she quoted me for the recoil assembly she ran off to help another teenage employee. I didn't have a chance to say a word and she was gone. The kid that was trying to help me just seemed more interested in snatching random parts off the shelf than looking up the right part. She's actually pretty good with parts. Tim, who is the parts mgr. was off that day. It seemed she was running from one employee to the next solving problems and answering questions. This is a typical experience at that store. Like I said it's a high-volume dealership with multiple lines of equipment. Most of the knowledgeable people that used to work there are now gone and have since been replaced.

These encounters these days in places are not all that uncommon. I tried to order a MS460 piston kit last year (piston, rings, wrist pin, circlips). I specified to the guy what I desired to purchase. He was courteous, but
obviously still uninformed about how to locate and find the numbers on the IPL. The price he gave me was for the cylinder/piston kit. Needless to say I did not purchase it. There is one guy at the whole place who knows anything about saws and saw parts. If he is not at the counter its a hopeless endeavor. :confused:

redtractor

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was the tech in a Jred and RedMax dealership. The shop opened 90 years ago for auto and expanded to Lawn & Garden 60 years ago. With a reputation like that, we got in EVERYTHING, so those two brands made up a very small portion of what I worked on. Two of us on small engine. Him on riders, I got everything else.

They closed the L&G section 2 months ago. We left on decent terms so when anyone asks for service, they give out our info. Part of our job was to deal with the customers ourselves, so these people already know and trust me. Big plus is that these folks are accustom to 1) having me work on their equipment and 2) paying the $75/hr labor. More headaches, boost in pay.

I've always been a homebody. I'm going for it.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was the tech in a Jred and RedMax dealership. The shop opened 90 years ago for auto and expanded to Lawn & Garden 60 years ago. With a reputation like that, we got in EVERYTHING, so those two brands made up a very small portion of what I worked on. Two of us on small engine. Him on riders, I got everything else.

They closed the L&G section 2 months ago. We left on decent terms so when anyone asks for service, they give out our info. Part of our job was to deal with the customers ourselves, so these people already know and trust me. Big plus is that these folks are accustom to 1) having me work on their equipment and 2) paying the $75/hr labor. More headaches, boost in pay.

I've always been a homebody. I'm going for it.

Good for you. Glad to hear you are launching out. I hope the business thrives and prospers and that you enjoy every minute of it.

thesawincanada

For the love of saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
All the best at your new endeavour. At least someone is there for customers to fix it right. I can only imagine how frustrated people get that bought equipment have an issue and have no clue what’s going on. They get the run around or ripped off. Or get the it’s going to cost to much. Should just buy a new one again. I had a friend bring in a weed wacker that Stihl was under warranty and the dealer refused to repair it. So I took it into my friend who owns a Stihl dealer he fixed. Original carb was defective and had a change up part. Put it in under warranty

Icepick69

Fart knocker extraordinaire.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Lol that reminds me. I took a saw apart on the kitchen table. One of the springs went flying into a wall and scattered, I was swearing and on my knees covering every inch of the floor with a flashlight in the other hand. Wife walks in
It's nice when they volunteer to help.
Did she find the spring?